|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameOW Head of Governance, Risk & Assurance (338297) G5
About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. We're making rail safer, more reliable and more efficient than ever before. We've created a supportive, sharing, respectful and diverse culture, because shared expertise and new perspectives make us stronger. Together, we're making a railway fit for the future.
With a 5,000-strong workforce and 2,700 miles of railway, Wales and Western is here to serve communities and businesses of Wales, the Thames Valley, West of England and the South West Peninsula.
We transport commuters to key employment hubs including London, Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool. We directly serve London Heathrow, Europe's busiest international airport and provide connections to Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, and London Gatwick airports. We support leisure and tourism in all of these areas and support critical freight services, notably aggregates, moving millions of tonnes of freight every year.
The enterprise risk team report into the Head of Governance, Risk and Assurance, which reports directly to the Finance Director, Wales and Western region.
The Senior Enterprise Risk Specialist leads the implementation and continuous improvement of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework for the region. The role is also responsible for identifying our business continuity priorities and ensuring robust plans are in pace to deliver improvements and resilience.
The role will provide specialist risk advice across the organisation, undertaking training and facilitating multifunctional groups of senior leaders. The ability to identify potential risks internally and externally is essential in this role.
Please note the location of this role is flexible between Swindon, London and Cardiff
About the role (External)
- Identify, plan and deliver improvements to the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework.
- Manage and deliver individual work streams on the ERM Programme, identifying benefits and monitoring benefit realisation including development of implementation strategy and communication plans.
- Monitor overall compliance with risk management process, criteria and procedures.Oversee the Account Managers Support of business managers including working with risk roles to build quality and standardisation.
- Provide specialist knowledge and expertise on Enterprise Risk Management to all areas of the business as required including the development of capability.
- Provide expertise in horizon scanning of internal and external environments supporting the Board and Executive members in their review of the corporate risk profile.
- Provide specialist knowledge of global industry standards in ERM including but not limited to COSO, ISO31000 and AIRMIC/ALARM/IRM.
- Develop Risk Management competency within the business working with internal and external training providers to build and deliver tailored training.
- Provide insight and challenge to the Corporate Risk profile and engage with Senior Managers to identify and develop a comprehensive risk landscape.
- Develop and present ERM information to senior stakeholders when necessary.
- Continuously improve the ERM maturity and capability within Network Rail through engagement and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote and develop awareness of Network Rail's ERM process with External bodies.
The successful candidate will have:
- In-depth knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management within an organisation of similar size and complexity
- Proven track record of successful implementation of an Enterprise Risk Management Framework within a large organisation
- Proven track record of design and development of Risk management methodologies such as risk assessment, risk appetite, Opportunity assessment, and quantitative analysis.
- Trained and experienced facilitator with proven experience of facilitating multifunctional groups of senior managers
- Proven influencing and interpersonal skills
- Experience of successfully delivering a large change project
- Experience of working with Senior Executive leaders and Board members
- Enterprise Risk Management qualification
The following knowledge and skills would be beneficial:
- MSP qualification
- Proven process management and process improvement experience
- Detailed understanding of the railway industry, its key business processes and interfaces
- Experience of working in a FTS100 organisation
- Experience of implementing a GRC Framework and reporting tool
- Proven experience of working in a safety critical industry
- Educated to degree level
How to apply (External)
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
Safe behaviour is a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should be able to demonstrate their awareness of our safety vision.
If you are not already an employee of Network Rail you will be required to complete the external recruitment process which will involve online SHL testing.The invite to SHL testing will be sent via email. Please ensure you add an email address to your application form.Email invites should be received within 5 days of your application being received.
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the pay range advertised: £65480 - £73665
Closing date: 7th July 2020. Late applications will not be accepted. This vacancy is also being advertised externally.
Please note the location of this role is flexible between London, Swindon and Cardiff.
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check.In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.