|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateThursday 02 July 2020
Salary Range£49,266 - £54,740
Agile Working OptionsFlexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryCloud Platform Services is responsible for supporting the delivery of one of the core themes within the Group CIO vision and strategy - a Private & Public Cloud capability.
We're looking for Public Cloud Specialist Engineers to lead the provision and support of Public Cloud environments across Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack, Google Cloud and IBM Bluemix Platforms with the potential to work on future offerings.
- Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We’re investing £3bn into our People, Platforms and Data to become the best bank for customers and rapidly transforming into a leading UK FinTech.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
One area seeing incredible levels of investment is Cloud technology.
We’ve embraced a hybrid cloud strategy – using a combination of vendors and cloud platforms allowing us to contend in a world of open banking, increased artificial intelligence and improved fraud detection.
We’re transforming the products and services we offer and Cloud technology supports these initiatives by letting us manipulate and access the required data in real time.
Join us and you’ll find yourself at the forefront of innovation in engineering Public Cloud within LBG.
Want to know more?
As one of our Public Cloud Specialist Engineers you’d be building and then running the Cloud capability and the associated eco-system of service partners.
- You’d lead provision and support of Public Cloud environments across Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack, IBM Bluemix and Google Cloud Platforms .
- It’ll be technically hands on, leading and undertaking a variety of tasks such as large scale server deployment (Windows and Linux), virtual network configuration (VNET / Subnet), handling maintenance tasks and break fix support.
- You’ll mentor more junior Public Cloud Engineers within a DevOps environment and foster a culture of self-development across other cloud vendors as requirement arise.
- You’d work closely with and lead programme delivery teams working on Public Cloud projects to deliver new solutions that meet our needs.
- And you’ll need to ensure the product remains secure and compliant to Bank policies and standards
All our Engineers need to be multi-skilled with a deep understanding of IT technology as well as being specialists in a core Cloud technology.
We’re building a team that possesses a systematic approach to problem solving, able to implement service-focussed solutions and monitoring technology trends for risks and opportunities.
But as a Specialist Engineer you’ll also be capable of leading others and influencing at a more senior level.
Do you have previous experience built around the following?
- Thorough knowledge in all aspects of a platform product offering, providing mentorship in the wider area and with product consumers.
- Guiding and influencing engineering decisions and capability
- Strong DevOps understanding, "Infrastructure As Code" using technology such as Terraform and Chef as well as knowledge of Jenkins, Docker etc.
- Experience of building/deploying Cloud strategies at a technical level within complex organisations.
- Actively exploit product features and enhancements
- Understanding tooling and technology dependencies and offering solutions.
We'd also love to see:
- Experience of cloud-based architectures (as-a-service), cloud-based design and provision and technology innovation experience in a multi-vendor environment
- Evidence of product roadmap creation/delivery, expanding to end-to-end lifecycle management and knowledge of financial / P&L accounting.
- Deep understanding around DevOps, Agile and Scrum practices.
- Hands on experience of at least one end-to-end cloud transformation programme.
So what about you?
You’d need a positive approach to relationship building and developing both yourself and others.
And you should also be prepared to provide 24x7 support to the supported cloud platforms but outside of this we could consider working patterns that work for everyone.
What would you get in return?
We'd ensure you get real stretch whilst benefitting from an environment that supports its people and gives them real equal opportunities.
You'd also benefit from a package that includes:
- A performance share bonus of c15%
- Generous pension contribution
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 Days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous out of hours and on call payments
- Discounted products and shopping
So if you have the background we're looking for and our Cloud sounds like your ideal environment then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.