|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameSystem Operator
About Network Rail
Network Rail are revitalising Britain's railway. We are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures the UK has ever seen.
System Operator are passionate about capacity. We shape tomorrow's railway to meet future needs of the railway. By understanding what the future requirements are, we can plan the long-term capability of the network, promoting the efficient use of network capacity. We improve the railway for the millions of people who use it every single day.
As programme controls manager you help us build and support the maintenance of an effective programme and project controls within a programme of complex, technical improvement projects across system operator.
About the role (External)
- Establishing effective control processes within the programme in accordance with our governance structure
- Maintain a register of all projects, and monitor and report against programme plans and performance objectives, highlighting variance from plan, risks and corrective actions
- Review new project proposals / definitions and their deliverability whilst identifying and facilitating cross-functional initiatives/projects that will secure efficiencies and reduce duplication of effort
- Provide accurate and timely periodic reporting to project sponsors, senior management and key partners
- Perform analysis of specific performance issues identified as part of the programme's reporting framework, or as directed by senior management.
- Establish and maintain an effective reporting and communication framework for programme
- Manage the development and production of the Coordinated Plan as part of the business planning process
- Manage and follow Company procedures to provide appropriate resources, communication strategies, training and competency to safely deliver accountabilities
What you'll need?
- Project management qualification or evidence of managing complex programmes with significant financial benefit
- Successful experience and competence of investment, project control systems and change management
- Good financial and commercial awareness
- Experience of a wide range of Communication techniques and Partner Management
How to apply (External)
What can we offer you?
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £42,971-£48,342 band 3b. We also have a range of generous benefits. Learn more at:
Network Rail encourages applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other relevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal dedication to safety in their application
Closing date: 15th July 2020
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.