|Job Type:||Full Time|
The OTC Derivatives Valuation Control Group (VCG) is organized into a team of OTC derivatives valuation and quantitative analysts based in Bournemouth, Dallas, Singapore and Mumbai. The VCG team provides OTC derivatives valuations to institutional clients, asset managers, hedge funds, and insurance companies who have outsourced part or all of their operations to J.P. Morgan. The VCG team is the first line of support for complex valuations and managing valuation queries for both internal and external clients. The team functions within the business as Subject Matter Experts for OTC derivatives valuation.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide independent valuation services to internal and external clients across a wide array of OTC derivative products including rates, credit, equity, FX, inflation, cmdty, and volatility / variance swaps
- Produce and analyse valuations on OTC derivatives within client portfolios on a daily basis. This will also involve comparing and analysing OTC valuations across multiple sources and the candidate should be able to quantify and clearly articulate any valuation movements through the Greeks.
- Assist with the build-out and development of MTM reconciliations across all counterparties.
- Resolve ad-hoc issues, including queries related to third party valuations, procedures and processes.
- Other functions as required and as the role and analyst’s skills develop
- OTC Derivatives knowledge across multiple asset classes, including sensitivity analysis (pv01, delta, gamma, vega, theta, rho, etc,..) and how these are calculated and used to analyze OTC valuations.
- Prior Middle Office or Trading Desk experience with a background in derivatives.
- A proactive, pragmatic approach to problem solving; good mathematical background; ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment; self-motivating; exhibit a natural curiosity.
- Experience in Bloomberg, Reuters, other trading or risk mgmt platforms a plus.
- Advanced degree (MS, CFA, FRM, CQF) or progression towards, is highly positive.