|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an experienced Infrastructure Development Lead, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability will help your team deliver high-quality products. You’ll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You’ll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
This role is to lead a feature team focused on building MongoDB on our private cloud platform, a key component of our firm's go-forward database strategy.
The role will require a lot of hands on development in Python.
All the database products provided on this platform are cloud-like with rich self-service capabilities. You will be building products that can be accessed by APIs and Open Service Brokers to automate provisioning and maintenance tasks.
Knowledge of database products is desired, but this is not absolutely essential. We require someone who has strong development skills with the ability to rapidly become an expert in new technologies and deliver high quality products with an excellent customer experience.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery
- Understanding of cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
- Experience with developing frameworks that help increase developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
- Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large-scale software development, security software development
- Experience with one or more relational or NoSQL databases and deploying distributed databases at scale is preferred
- Agile and Lean philosophies
- Experienced in Scrum methodology and running a dynamic feature team
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
- Comfortable with executive level communications
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.