|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, our vision is to build a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you're in or what software you’re using.
Today we help over 50,000 businesses across the UK and Europe collect payments and we’re growing fast. International expansion is one of our key priorities; we’ve recently opened in France, Germany and Australia with plans for further expansion.
The Finance department is in an exciting transitional stage with many new projects to get involved in, as the company expands. Our Billing Team is a new department and you will play a vital part in its growth and development. Taking part in the implementation of new billing systems, processes and a general ambition to improve the Billing functions.
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to build on their Finance career, gain experience across a broad range of projects, work with teams from across the business and gain a lot of experience in billing and credit management.
You’ll be reporting to our Billing Manager.
Your main tasks will be:
- Produce and distribute accurate and timely billing
- Carry out revenue reconciliations
- Set up and manage Merchant records on our billing systems
- Ensure your allotted tasks of the month-end close process are completed, timely and accurately
- Respond to and resolve all billing queries
- Raising of corrective credits and debits
- Create and distribute various billing reports
- Support the Billing Manager in various tasks needed for the implementation of the new Billing Platform
You’ll need to be well versed in:
- Excel (intermediate or above)
- Google Docs, Google Sheets
A bonus but not a must:
- Knowledge of SalesForce, Xero and/or Looker
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- Experienced in billing and are very customer service orientated
- Comfortable with assisting in credit control matters
- Studying Finance/Accounting or a degree that requires high numeracy skill or equivalent work experience
- A self-starter who can work with minimal guidance
- Numerically strong with excellent commercial skills
- An understanding of financial contracts and fees
- A confident communicator, both verbally and in writing, who enjoys working with a wide range of people
- Ambitious and enthusiastic to develop a career in Finance at GoCardless
We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture, where we hire and develop driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of.
We value learning and feedback, and are devoted to encouraging and supporting each other’s continual professional growth. There will be scope for you to develop your role and take on more responsibility as our team continues to grow, and you’ll be able to get involved in developing and improving our processes. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.