|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in Technical Specialist for SAP on Azure that will help the largest and most important companies in the world across all industries successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Technical Specialist for drive SAP solution on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in the enterprise accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship of the customers for SAP on Azure solutions.
You will own the Azure infrastructure technical customer engagements providing SAP subject matter expertise including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots. The ideal candidate will have experience either a direct customer / customer facing SAP Architecture role(s) and demonstrable success leading deep technical SAP focused infrastructure architecture discussions with senior executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive core SAP solutions and migrations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to define highly complex technology-based business solutions. Provides thought leadership regarding application design, architecture, and integration.
- Drive the deployment of SAP Landscapes onto the Azure platform to a successful customer outcome in large enterprises
- Acts as the subject matter expert for running SAP workloads on Azure, and support customer/partner deployments with SAP deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ SAP on cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers
- Development and review technical architecture, and solution design for partner-led solution development
- Ensures solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end to end Enterprise scale solutions on Microsoft Azure platform
- Develop deep relationships with key customer decision makers and enable them to become cloud advocates
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights
- Be the Voice of the Customer and share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of SAP on Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training and articles for your domain.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience. 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaboration and Communication. required
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, etc.)
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including
- bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying,
- failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management. required
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: required
- Deep domain expertise in SAP with strong Basis skills i.e. SAP landscape sizing, deployment, transport management, optimizing features, system performance.
- 5+ years’ experience as a SAP Basis Architect, NetWeaver architecture and SAP Hands on in SAP performance investigations throughout the complete stack of SAP application, DBMS, OS and infrastructure to be able to trace, capture, diagnose and isolate complex multifactorial performance problems
- 5+ years of experience in SAP Basis: OS/DB Migration, SAP Sizing, SAP HA/DR Design, SAP Operational Best Practices, SAP version upgrades
- 3+ years’ experience in RDBMS: deep knowledge including performance query analysis, sizing, HA/DR and storage/disk design of SAP HANA and at least 1-2 of the following: SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MaxDB
- 3+ years’ experience Hyper-Visor/Cloud/Networking: Able to design, deploy and troubleshoot solutions based on the following: Azure or AW0053
- Working knowledge of SUSE or RedHat for SAP with preferred experience in SCP with Cloud Foundry
- 5+ years proficient operational experience with Linux operating systems (Suse/RHEL required). Experience in configuring packages, monitoring, and security for Linux
- Knowledge of Network Architecture and standards for large enterprise deployments (Cisco SAFE/Zoning models) and operation understanding security frameworks specific to IT Standards (PCI/PII/SOX/ETC)
- Storage technologies and testing specific to enterprise storage requirements (SAN/NAS/Object/Block)
- Monitoring tool proficiency (OMS, Solution Manager, Zenoss, Zabbix, Tivoli)
- Very good understanding/ experience on multiple SAP products including S/4 HANA and understanding of SAP roadmap
- Demonstrated ability to size SAP landscape deployments, monitoring and management of these environments
- Troubleshooting experience specific to network connectivity, storage performance, operating systems optimization
- Able to produce technical documentation consistent with Reference Architecture principles
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, able to articulate value proposition of MS technologies over competition (like AWS, GCP, Virtustream, Hana Enterprise Cloud etc.) preferred
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred