|Job Type:||Full Time|
The client onboarding and trading controls technology group within Asset and Wealth Management is responsible for all technology deliverables relating to onboarding new clients, account opening, KYC, suitability and the many regulatory processes associated with pre-trade controls. Clients serviced by this business includes institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and individual clients with an estimated asset under supervision of approximated $255 billion.
The business is undergoing significant transformation with a significant focus on replacing paper-based processes with rich, online experiences. This is intended to improve the experience for the client as well as efficiency within operations and front-office teams.
In order to support this technology transformation, a key platform – Enterprise Client Data Capture (ECDC) – has been built and is expanding. The purpose of ECDC is to provide a flexible and consistent platform to capture structured data and distribute that data to downstream applications. ECDC is both external and internal facing, and enables collaboration between clients and JPMC staff, as well as collaboration between front office and operations.
The ECDC platform is built using the latest technologies – cloud native microservices using Spring Boot 2 and Angular 9, on a nosql data platform. This opening is for a hands on technical lead to design and evolve the ECDC platform, working with the ECDC development team as well as numerous stakeholders within the technology organization. This is genuinely a hands-on role where deep technical skills are required. The key skillset is web technologies, but a broad experience throughout the stack is advantageous.
In addition, the platform integrates with the cloud-based Docusign electronic signature platform and the role holder will be responsible for this aspect too.
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Detailed technical design of the end-to-end ECDC platform
- Working with development teams and other technologists to ensure the ECDC platform meets both functional and non-functional requirements
- Documenting and evangelizing future capabilities and design
- Engaging with relevant control teams (Cyber, Cloud and others) to ensure strategic direction and controls are followed
- Working with other technology teams who integrate and leverage ECDC to ensure great experiences for all involved
- Degree holder in Computer Science or a closely related discipline
- Experience in agile delivery teams (ideally as a scrum master)
- Solid understanding of modern web-based UI technologies – ideally Angular 2+, webpack, CSS, Typescript, but knowledge of the space generally and frameworks such as React is very valuable
- Experience with Java-based microservices is desirable
- Experience with relational and non-relational data platforms (ideally document databases) is desirable
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English, which are critical to interfacing with stakeholders across US/EMEA/Asia.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.