|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare is a one-of-a-kind game studio where we create the kind of games the world doesn't have, games that are uniquely Rare! Working here offers opportunities unlike anywhere else. You'll be providing players with unforgettable shared experiences in games loved by millions worldwide. Our pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, launched in 2018, is still going strong - and alongside that we're busy creating our next magical world, Everwild, announced in 2019 to a global audience.
We strive to make Rare an amazing place to work, embracing a culture of respect and building a supportive environment for our developers. Our custom-built Twycross studio is situated in the beautiful English countryside, surrounded by woodland and wildlife, with plenty of room for us to grow. Studio benefits are catered to making life easier for staff, including flexible working, a bonus scheme, an industry-leading pension package, private healthcare, mental health initiatives and free events for employees and their families.
By joining Rare, you'll be joining one of the finest studios in the industry with support from the wider Xbox Game Studios network. We're always on the lookout for exceptional people who can bring their expertise and unique thinking to help make our team even stronger!
The Player Insight Team is expanding, and we are looking for an experienced Research Analyst to join our growing team. At Rare we fundamentally believe in the voice of the player and with your help, we would be able to coordinate our efforts to continue to meet that commitment.
Here at Rare LTD, we are faced with the same challenges you will see not only across the special and unique environment that is the games industry, but across the wider service industry too. We want to better understand who our audience are, what they want and need and how we can best deliver on that in our games and services.
If you have a confident ability to present data, a natural curiosity, and a wealth of techniques in exploring user research and research programmes – we want to hear from you!
- Establish and drive meaningful relationships across our games, gathering short and long-term requirements for how we bring the player voice to the forefront
- Partner across our audience facing teams to drive impactful qualitative player insight programmes
- Give definition on how best to connect our qualitative data to our quantitative data to leverage and grow our insight
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of analytic best practices and framework within the Player Insight team
- Proven experience providing research support, ideally within the gaming industry or in any other service-based technology.
- Good knowledge of user research techniques and planning research programmes
- Proficiency with SQL/query languages and analyses.
- Experience with visualizing data in reports, dashboards, and decks.
- Strong attention to detail, natural curiosity with the ability to problem-solve creatively
- Exceptionally strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to work effectively with a diverse team, of different technical abilities.
- An independent learner who can identify knowledge gaps and opportunities for improvements and reach out for resource.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.