|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Banking Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Banking Technology Engineering & Architecture
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Banking Technology organization is aligned to the Wholesale Payments and the Investment Banking sub lines of business. As examples of our size, complexity and criticality to the global financial system, we process more than 106 million transactions worth $6 trillion daily; process payments in more than 120 currencies and receive payments in more than 40 countries and 80% of Fortune 500 does business with us.
The Engineering & Architecture function is a small central team that operates horizontally across the 5000+ technologists delivering business solutions in the Banking Technology organization. We have responsibility for setting standards, policies and driving the documentation and adoption of pragmatic architectural patterns as we establish consistency and optimized technical outcomes in support of our aggressive business goals.
We operate principally across six main domains: functional architecture, information architecture, technical architecture, infrastructure architecture, security architecture and engineering. With the group of highly technical SMEs in E&A, we have a very strong matrix alignment across each of the domains throughout the Banking Technology organization to inform and agree the output from E&A to ensure appropriateness and to facilitate localized help in driving adherence and identification of agreed exceptions.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Ability to work in a co-located team to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages i.e. Java/J2EE, Python, Go
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- A clear passion to deliver high quality products
- Experience of Cloud Technologies including AWS, containers and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience of performing DevOps for platforms
- Knowledge of Cloud Tech is a plus