Last updated 8 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Banking Technology organization is aligned to the Wholesale Payments and the Investment Banking sub lines of business. As examples of our size, complexity and criticality to the global financial system, we process more than 106 million transactions worth $6 trillion daily; process payments in more than 120 currencies and receive payments in more than 40 countries and 80% of Fortune 500 does business with us.
The Engineering & Architecture function is a small central team that operates horizontally across the 5000+ technologists delivering business solutions in the Banking Technology organization. We have responsibility for setting standards, policies and driving the documentation and adoption of pragmatic architectural patterns as we establish consistency and optimized technical outcomes in support of our aggressive business goals. We operate principally across six main domains: functional architecture, information architecture, technical architecture, infrastructure architecture, security architecture and engineering. With the group of highly technical SMEs in E&A, we have a very strong matrix alignment across each of the domains throughout the Banking Technology organization to inform and agree the output from E&A to ensure appropriateness and to facilitate localized help in driving adherence and identification of agreed exceptions.
We’re looking for a Vice President to lead our efforts in the Technical Architecture domain. You will spend the majority of your time working closely with the technical architects and engineering leads across our most critical systems providing guidance and expertise to accelerate commercial decisions in the adoption of our Technical Architecture standards and patterns. The remaining time will be spent setting said standards and patterns.
Successful candidates should have strong experience in complex technical delivery as an engineering lead or senior architect. We are lean and agile, and look for people who thrive in this work style. Key responsibilities:
- Provide expertise and guidance to Banking Technology technologists as they adopt the standards, policies and architectural patterns
- Partner with E&A colleagues across the CIB to ensure Banking Technology is appropriately aligned to the CIB and the broader Global Technology standards, policies and programs.
- Help drive awareness of E&A across all levels of the Banking Technology organization through email communications, newsletters, collaboration tools, webcasts, tech talks, and live events, etc.
- Prior experience in large scale technical delivery
- Ability to define solutions that solve large scale complex business problems
- Ability to collaborate with the product teams and engineers to understand and develop solutions that meet business requirements while translating strategy and objectives when appropriate.
- Ability to lead discussions in a matrix environment focusing on team and organizational success
- Ability to represent E&A in various forums across the firm
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude