|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Department Description: J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Job description: The European Safeguarding of Client Asset and UK Client Asset Team (CASS/SGCA) is responsible for providing support to the Firm and the Directors responsible for Safeguarding of Client Assets across European and UK based entities to ensure compliance with regulatory rules.
The position forms part of the CASS/SGCA team within CIB Operations. The team undertakes oversight and governance in relation to ensuring JPM's compliance with a variety of local regulations across the UK and Europe. The team work closely with Operations , Business and Product Management spanning all lines of business across the Legal Entities in scope for CIB including Global Custody, Collateral Management, Funds Services , Escrow, Securities Lending, Liquidity Solutions , Derivatives, Futures and Options, FX , Equities and Fixed Income . In addition, the team partner with Compliance, Audit and Risk.
Summary of Tasks: Working with the Client Asset Oversight and Safeguarding of Client Asset Officers and the central CASS/SGCA team, you will ensure that the respective Operations and Business units have the necessary process and controls in place for client asset protection across Europe and UK.
- Management and co-ordination of Client Asset (CASS) Resolution Pack Template Testing Plan
- Conduct the testing of Client Asset (CASS) Resolution Pack Templates in accordance with the regulatory requirement
- Produce Monthly Management Information on testing outcomes for each Line of Business
- Conduct Daily Client Money Segregation through the Client Money Automated Process Tool
- Work with the Client Asset (CASS) Production Team to deliver Client Money Asset Reporting each month
- Participate in key initiatives on the CASS agenda
- CASS guidance and technical assistance to the product areas
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Business’, Compliance, Audit functions and other key partners
- Effective issue escalation management
- Demonstrated success in delivering initiatives on time through strong planning, processing, analytical, organisational and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, pro-active, organized, with a keen eye on details and have the ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work on a variety of projects with tight time frames and limited supervision
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, at all levels, across all Business area’s
- Ability to drive change, negotiate and influence
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Highly motivated, intuitive and possess initiative to identify potential process improvements
- Previous experience in a financial services environment - preferably in an audit or compliance role or with a strong diverse operations background.
Experience (Nice to have)Working knowledge of CASS or the FSA Handbook / regulations is desirable.