|Job Type:||Full Time|
Position Description: We are in search of a top tier candidate a Senior Accountant with a positive attitude, and highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organisation based in central London.
This role will be responsible for supporting and supervising the monthly close processes and annual statutory reporting as well as supporting and initiating general accounting and reporting process improvements to gain efficiencies and strengthen overall control environment. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a solid working knowledge of IFRS/FRS reporting and internal controls. This role will be reporting to the International Accounting Manager.
As a Senior Accountant at Okta you will:
● Perform and supervise month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
● Assist in preparing external statutory reporting and fillings
● Assist in preparing internal and external reporting schedules for management and external service providers
● Assist in balance sheet and monthly management accounts variance analysis
● Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations for employees in the International entities
● Maintain and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
● Assist in implementing new accounting policies, controls and procedures
● Liaise with external auditors and other providers as required
● Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
● Work closely with corporate and local finance functions to enhance reliability, accuracy, relevance and timeliness of group reporting
● Ad hoc accounting requests and projects as needed
Ideal skills and experience:
● Qualified Accountant or ACA equivalent
● Will be fully qualified and have post qualification experience.
● Solid working knowledge and application of IFRS, FRS, US GAAP, internal controls
● Experience in preparing annual statutory accounts under IFRS/FRS 102
● Experience in producing management accounts and monthly reconciliations
● Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
● Great interpersonal and critical-thinking skills
● A self starter and team player, adept at building relationships across the organisation
● Ability to adhere to deadlines in a fast pace environment without losing accuracy
● Problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
● Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
● Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, Concur and Workday preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.