|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameSystem Operator
About Network Rail
Network Rail are revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail - Europe's largest engineering project - to investment in world-class stations and programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most results-oriented and ventures that this country has ever seen.
System Operator are passionate about capacity. We craft tomorrow's railway to meet future needs of the rail industry. By understanding what the future requirements of the railway are and planning the long term capability of the network promoting the efficient use of network capacity, we improve the railway for the millions of people who use it every single day.
To help us enable a better service for our passengers we are often recruiting project planners that help us develop project or integration programme plans in the efficient and reliable way.
Because we are always recruiting, we wanted to try and hold your details for when we need you so we can help you to join Network Rail quicker. By applying you are registering your interest to join our talent pool. This allows us to pre-screen your application ready for a face to face interview when a suitable role becomes available.
We have opportunities in York, Manchester & Birmingham. When you apply please let us know what location works best for you.
About the role (External)
As a project planner you will be challenged with:
- Become a key member of the project delivery team providing a quality service to support the effective delivery of the project
- Support the effective information sharing / collection with all the project partners
- Prepare a project work breakdown structure and plan / schedule which is capable of delivering the project objectives and providing effective project performance measurement and reporting
- Develop the appropriate quality plan / schedule in line with the project scheduling principles and processes
- Monitor and progress the plan / schedule and make changes as the need arises. Develop recovery schedules and contingency plans
- Input the planning issues into the project's critical issues risk log. Review planning risks and monitor whether the risk register is updated accordingly
- Report actual performance and variance against plan and forecast outcomes. Highlight key achievement and critical path issues to members of the team, provide an assessment of the impact of such issues and recommend solutions
- Monitor and audit contractor plans. Monitor contractor's planning processes so that they align with Network Rail procedure requirements
- Interrogate contractor's statement of progress for schedule adherence and payment purposes
- Identify key resource requirements and monitor that these are accurately booked and availability is maintained
What you'll need:
- Experience in the successful scheduling of engineering projects.
- Knowledge of railway investment planning systems.
- Experience of using a number of project management scheduling tools & techniques
How to apply (External)
What can we offer you?
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: 4C. We also have a range of generous benefits. Learn more at:
Network Rail encourages applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal dedication to safety in their application.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.