|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationMilton Keynes, GB
Department NameRoute Services - Commercial & Procurement
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
As part of Route Services, Contracts & Procurement (C&P) lead the development and delivery of strategies encompassing category management, procurement, supplier relationship management, external business development and marketing and communications, encompassing all of our customers.
Our purpose is to add commercial value for our partners by delivering services compliantly, safely, sustainably and efficiently. Our role is to deliver economic, efficient and effective commercial solutions to contribute to "a better railway for a better Britain.
The Sourcing team is responsible for delivering high-quality products and services that achieve value for money for Network Rail and we work closely with our national and regional colleagues in Category Management, Supplier Management and Procurement Operations. Our role is to complete the end to end sourcing process for all of our internal customers which include Network Rail's 15 operational routes as well as national functions.
We are committed to an excellent customer experience and to help our customers meet their business objectives in a strategic but agile approach. Value for money is key as well as safety and quality, as we are building the railway of the future for the passengers and communities that we serve.
The Sourcing and Category Management teams are comprised of procurement professionals in specialised category spend areas:
- Technology and Telecoms: helping the railway industry to design and deliver digital solutions for the whole railway system and the IT estate.
- Corporate Services including facilities management and utilities: supporting national and regional functions to provide key operational and back office services and thereby supporting our frontline colleagues to deliver rail services to passengers and freight.
- Materials, Operations and Logistics: Sourcing heavy materials (eg rail, sleepers, ballast) plus railway components and systems (eg critical rail fleet spares, signalling and electrical equipment) plus their storage and distribution, as well as the engineering trains, road vehicles and on track machines that transport engineering materials and help to inspect, maintain and renew the railway infrastructure for passengers and freight.
- Infrastructure: Strategic and operational products and services that directly impact on our frontline colleagues and their ability to deliver great services to passengers and freight, including road rail vehicles, personal protective equipment, vegetation management, contingent labour and many others.
This role sits within the Materials, Operations and Logistics teamAs Sourcing Specialist, you will manage the sourcing activities for medium cost and business risk opportunities and work collaboratively with relevant customers and stakeholders to create and deliver commercial and contractual value. Ideally, you will have some experience leading or working on low to mid-value/complexity tenders, be part/fully CIPS qualified and have some public sector experience.
About the role (External)
1.Develop and manage the sourcing process from business requirement to contract signature, on behalf of key customers and stakeholders, for medium cost and business risk opportunities, utilising, where relevant, commercial purpose-built models, to create and deliver commercial and contractual value, in support of the C&P Director's annual savings target
2.Implement approved Integrated Category Strategies (ICS) through the development and delivery of the qualified Sourcing pipeline, in collaboration with the relevant Category Manager and relevant customers and stakeholders, to release the full defined savings and benefits value committed to within the ICS
3.Apply the Sourcing Framework for sourcing led opportunities outside of ICS creation, for where total annual spend of up to £100m and within an OJEU environment, to manage all risk, governance, legislative and regulatory requirements, validated by the Procurement Risk and Assurance team
4.Negotiate sourcing enabled savings and benefit opportunities, in collaboration with all relevant customers and stakeholders, approved by Finance and applied to budgets where applicable, in support of the C&P Director's savings target
5.Facilitate the transition of Sourcing led execution to Strategic Supplier Management, to manage a seamless customer experience from business requirement through to post contract signature and position the Supplier Management team to optimise their delivery of full contractual and relationship value
6.Demand manage customer and stakeholder common sourcing requirements to maximise overall Group-wide commercial value, with a politically aware engagement and direct influencing style across multiple Routes and Regions, in a complex, devolved organisation
7.Develop process and execute activity related to contract variations, amendments and changes, to include contract administration, in collaboration with Supplier Management team, to maintain an accurate supplier data profile in the event of dispute or the invoking of contingency plans
8.Develop and manage sourcing aligned continuous improvement activities, demand pipeline assessments and annual customer satisfaction surveys, to deliver an enhanced customer experience, aligned to the Vision and best in class Procurement ambitionJob Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to a Business or Economics degree standard or equivalent business experience
- Demonstrable level of Sourcing experience, with a track record of savings delivery
- Experience with negotiation and dispute resolution skill set
- Experience with contract law and financial management
- Experience with driving value from sourcing opportunities
- Experienced with agile cross-functional collaborative working methods
- Politically aware, with the proven ability to use direct and indirect influencing strategies at an executive level
- Experience of problem-solving complex sourcing specific challenges
- Completer finisher mindset
- Detailed knowledge of the UK Rail Industry, including procurement processes in a reclassified environment
- Experience with agile cross-functional collaborative working methods
How to apply (External)
Salary: Band 4B £32,740 - £36,832per annum
Closing date:29 September 2020, this vacancy is also being advertised externallyLate applications will not be accepted
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information
Our colleagues are encouraged to work flexibly as we know that busy lives don't always fit around a traditional working pattern, if you need flexibility to complete your role (eg home working, part time, job share, compressed hours work pattern etc.), just let us know and we will do our upmost to help you to invest in your career with us while balancing other aspects of your life.