|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Supports the implemented design/engineering of the Baker Hughes global network environment
- Responsible for complex/critical incident troubleshooting, complex change implementation, and work on critical hub /core environments
- Provide highest level support and escalation of critical network-related incidents and outages from Baker Hughes Network Operations Center
- Lead technical resolution of network-related Major Incidents working with multiple teams on outage bridges
Develop and maintain system architecture and design documentation
- Lead and drive delivery of major global programs, technical engineering, design and build work
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related “STEM” (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) field, or equivalent work experience.
- CCIE certified or equivalent certification.
- Deep understanding of networking technologies, security, routing (particularly BGP), switching, SD-WAN/LAN, SDN & cloud connectivity
- Experience with support & configuration of Palo Alto firewalls preferred
- Experience with support of SIP & Cisco IPT technologies preferred.
- Network Automation experience
- Excellent communication skills: clear written and verbal communication. Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts and influence the future direction of the products / services that are supported
- Excellent collaboration skills: ability to work with other network operations engineers and cross-functional peers
- Proven record of improving operational excellence (resilience/reliability, KPI, cost, etc.)
- Self-motivated and passionate about learning new technologies.
- Ability to lead mission-based teams to roll out programs / technologies / tools on a global basis.
- Ability to identify the steps needed to accomplish a task and to lead an initiative / project manage it to completion.
- Ability to lead multiple teams of engineers to complete critical programs simultaneously.
- Strong ability to work on major outages while maintaining the ability to think critically and remain calm and composed. Ability to proactively identify areas of need and lead the effort to remediate them.
- Experience working in a diverse, globally distributed team
- Knowledge and experience of working within an ITIL framework
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.