|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Semi-Skilled Trimmer to join our team in Adderley Green!
As a Semi-Skilled Trimmer you will undertake the repair and maintenance of vehicle trim on our Buses.
The salary for this position is £19,500 per year (£9.71 per hour (Overtime M-F £12.91 per hour, Overtime Saturday £14.51 per hour)).
The working hours are 39 per week.
What will you be doing?
The successful Semi-Skilled Trimmer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose trim faults and specify the correct method for repair.
- Carry out routine repairs on trim components.
- Carry out vandalism repairs on vehicle trim.
- Repair work arising from vehicle inspections, vehicle defect cards and annual test preparation.
- Record job times for the repair action either manually or electronically.
- Ensure parts replaced under warranty are returned to stores fully labelled and in a clean condition.
- Ensure all parts are booked out from stores using the correct procedure.
- Adhere to good housekeeping practices including general tidiness in the workshop and the return of all tools and equipment to their designated place.
- Carry out the stripping and fitting of seat covers and foams.
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required.
Skills & Experience
- Experience using sewing machines
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to work unsupervised
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Time Keeping Skills
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!