|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
Fight bugs through automation and manual testing and help us ship high quality products! You’ll apply your QA expertise in the team that works on growing eyeo’s number of users, by finding and collaborating with partners that help us scale our user base. Our partners include leading players in the browser and OEM markets; we collaborate closely with them to integrate ad-blocking technologies into their projects. Being an integral part of the team, you will be involved in the whole software development cycle, building quality in from the start.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Perform own exploratory testing against our products to gain familiarity with the products and their similarities and differences
- Maintain and extend our test automation infrastructure for mobile apps
- Run regression and performance tests against our products before releases
- Ensure partner requests are answered and reported issues are verified and fixed
- Create and keep up to date useful documentation and notes relating to the product and its testing
A little bit about you...
- Extensive experience with mobile app testing, preferably in a continuously changing environment
- Hands-on experience with test automation (Appium, Selenium, Cucumber)
- Knowledge of source code management tools like Git or Mercurial
- Experience collaborating remotely using mostly asynchronous communication methods on a distributed team
- Independent but team-oriented work style
- Outgoing proactive involvement in your teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Have knowledge of Java and additional scripting languages
- Are familiar with device testing services like Google/Firebase test lab, AWS Device Farm, Browserstack or TestObject
- Are familiar with code review processes
- Have hands-on mobile automation testing experience using Expresso
- Experience with performance testing
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons