|Job Type:||Full Time|
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Oil & Gas Services Ltd (‘ALOS’) is a subsidiary of Air Liquide and is composed of a diverse team dedicated to serve customers operating offshore, on a worldwide basis. The entity has been growing fast, through organic growth and acquisitions. The head office is currently in Levallois-Perret, France, with several branches worldwide. While being part of the Air Liquide Group, ALOS is being managed as a start-up; with a lean and flexible organization currently set-up.
The Operations Coordinator will be based in Aberdeen and report directly to the Operations Manager.
Missions and Responsibilities
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the raising of all purchase orders, general administrative requirements and customer debt collection for the relevant three UK-based entities within the Maritime Energy perimeter. The role has a direct interface with suppliers and customers of these companies. The position requires a high level of professionalism and excellent communication skills. Due to the transverse nature of the role, they shall be expected to work at pace on a diverse range of activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Creating PO’s for business units in the perimeter.
- Negotiate with suppliers and ensure the best prices for services and products are secured.
- Act as the point of contact for all suppliers from quote to payment, ensuring process compliance.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure accuracy in recording costs with suppliers
- Ensure and improve homogeneity between business units for procurement processes.
- Responsible for arranging the transport of equipment
- Responsible for assisting in the creation of freight related documentation.
- Expected to source quotes from suppliers for freight to ensure competitive offers are received.
Invoicing and fiscal:
- Responsible for the month end process, ensuring procurement costs are accounted for in the ERP system., invoicing for one of the business units.
- Expected to regularly carry out credit collection duties for UK based entities in the perimeter. This will include issuing statements to customers and following up with customers.
- Work alongside the Operations Manager to issue invoices to customers on a monthly basis.
- Issuing of hard copy invoices via third party postal services each month for those customers that require this service.
- Required to complete documentation for setting up new vendors / customers as required.
- Expected to upload backup of all purchase orders and supplier / customer documentation.
- Responsible for the administration of specific contracts.
Competencies and Profile
- Experience in a Business and Office Administration role is required.
- Awareness of international shipping requirements for documentation and customs is desirable
- Confident working with computers and analysing data. Experience of AX Dynamics and Google Office is highly desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the capacity to provide high quality communication
- Ability to build strong relationships, both internally and externally and will be results driven and focussed
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines is a key skill for this role
- Comfortable working independently or in conjunction with different teams as needed
- Ability to think analytically and interpret data, showing initiative when required
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Outcome focused: Enjoys problem solving and developing improvements and solutions to the benefit of the business