|Job Type:||Full Time|
Manager (Cloud) - job description
The NortonLifeLock Labs team is made up of leading threat and security researchers supported by advanced systems to innovate security technology and threat intelligence to protect our customers against known and new threats. The main locations of the team are Chennai, India – Oslo, Norway – Dublin, Ireland and Culver City, USA. The Labs team is part of the CTO office.
We overlook the portfolio of security technologies that makes for high detection without sacrificing system performance. The portfolio consists of modern and traditional components, like:
- Network detection
- Reputation and prevalence
- Machine Learning
- Cloud and Crowd detections
- Behavioral analysis
- Anti-virus engines and static scanners
About the role
We are looking for a leader with a strong technical background. The person should be able to build and scale a team quickly. This role will lead a team of specialists in areas like cloud engineering, prototyping, data analysis and processing, security and malware research among other things. Collaboration with teams in US, Europe and India will be important.
Why this role is awesome
- Working in a specialist environment with extremely talented people
- Ability to grow own, dedicated team
- Learning about and working with a multitude of technologies
- Gaining international work experience
- Opportunity to influence development lifecycles and create fast pacing team
- Collaborative environment
- Deep insights into cyber security and threat landscape
- Technical background
- Previous programming experience is a plus, but not required
- Worked in developer or software architect role earlier
- Good understanding of agile development processes
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS and Azure)
- Experience with scaling teams
- Excellent English skills
- Good communicator to all stakeholder
- Energetic and positive minded
- Experience from international workplace
- Seeks improvements and challenges status quo
- Not afraid to ask critical questions
- Take initiative and responsibility
- Creates detailed development plans, prioritizes work assignments and assigns projects based on available resources.
- Define clear objectives for direct reports and measures deliverables against them
- Take relevant decision on behalf and together with the team. Consult with stakeholders in unclear situations.
- Engage in quarterly team check-ins and annual reviews. Regularly document “health”/status of the team
- Continuously establish and recommend changes to policies which effect the team
- Frequently interacts with team, customers and/or functional peer group managers.Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Work closely with Labs, Research and Engineering groups.
- BS in technical field, BA degree, or equivalent related experience
- 8+ years of experience in software companies/organizations
- 3+ years of management (or similar) experience
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.