Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains, we are currently seeking a Solution Architect to join HSBC Technology.
HSBC is undertaking a modernisation of IS service as part of digital transformation, this is leading to an aggressive program of uplifting GPB DIGITAL to offer greater value to our customers. The program will overhaul services using API first approach, Cloud where applicable, an Agile development approach and DevOps methods. This role will work hand in hand with Software delivery architect and engineers to ensure that the program takes full advantage of Cloud, micro services and digital technologies.
What you will be doing;
GPB Solutions Architecture & Engineering delivers business infrastructure architecture & designs. The team also manages & optimises portfolio of infrastructure driving operational improvement & cost efficiencies.
- Determine business requirement and influence solution towards ITID future state model
- Ensure logical design contributes to technology objectives
- Examine potential demise opportunities and propose deployment options
- Consider service placement requirements
- Ensuring end to end completeness of technical design, including Non-Functional Requirements realised and validated
- Verify impact to adjacent services/systems and validate deployment and support model
- Qualify technical acceptance of all components
- Review design and gain approval via Solutions Architecture Board
- Finalised commercials and approval