|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. NortonLifeLock is dedicated to helping secure the devices, identities, online privacy, and home and family needs of its nearly 50 million consumers, providing them with a trusted ally in a complex digital world. For more information, please visit NortonLifeLock.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Sr. Software Engineer (Cloud) – Job Description
The NortonLifeLock Labs team is made up of leading threat and security researchers supported by advanced systems to innovate security technology and threat intelligence to protect our customers against known and new threats. The main locations of the team are Chennai, India – Oslo, Norway – Dublin, Ireland and Culver City, USA. The Labs team is part of the CTO office.
We overlook the portfolio of security technologies that makes for high detection without sacrificing system performance. The portfolio consists of modern and traditional components, like:
- Network detection
- Reputation and prevalence
- Machine Learning
- Cloud and Crowd detections
- Behavioral analysis
- Anti-virus engines and static scanners
About the role
We are looking for a senior software engineer for cloud development in the areas of telemetry data lake, data analysis and/or reputation data. Large scale data processing and analytics are key aspects of this role, and it will be important collaborating with other research and development teams in USA, Europe and India.
Why this role is awesome
- Have an impact on world-wide cyber security by building technology that helps millions of customers stay safe while browsing the Internet
- Join a team with world-leading security experts
- Collaborate with developers and researchers across engineering & research teams
- Apply modern practices and design patterns to deliver state-of-the art systems
- Excellent understanding of modern programming languages
- Good understanding of web services and APIs
- Experience with deploying and running services and systems at major cloud service providers (AWS, Azure)
- Worked with databases like MySQL or NoSQL (Dynamo or Cosmos)
- Experience with large scale data analytics
- Good written and verbal English skills
The following is a plus but not required
- Experience with serverless designs
- Containerization and Instrumentation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Have used Terraform or equivalents IaC frameworks
- Data visualizations
- Work experience from cyber security industry and or dev ops environments
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Getting-things-done attitude, and knowledge thirsty mindset
- Development of cloud-based solutions to solve big data problems, either in terms of security telemetry or web security reputation.
- Process and systems automation
- Monitoring and visualizing system health and performance
- Relevant Bachelor of Science degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer
- 2+ years of experience working in cloud environments (AWS or Azure)
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.