|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Function Overview:
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Senior Datacenter Technician,you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+Ias part of our global datacenter operations.
As a successful Senior Datacenter Technician, your performance objectives include:
- Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities.
- Building strong working relationships with customers.
- Understanding overall ticket management process.
- Performing power cycles, swap out failed components, handle storage media, and perform troubleshooting.
- Performing cable installations, hardware rack / stack installations, testing, and troubleshooting using standard datacenter processes
- Physically assist in moving and racking equipment.
- May be asked to perform tactical management tasks such as prioritizing ticketing queues, working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of datacenter support activities.
- Supporting the deployment of on-site DC physical infrastructure including Servers, NetDevices, SANs, Windows Server OS Support, Parts/Component replacement and physical hardware troubleshooting.
- Pull required inventory as defined by inventory process with accuracy.
- As required, assist Datacenter Inventory and Asset Management Team with shipping/receiving and inventory management to address high work volumes.
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- At least twoyearsof experience supporting IT equipment or related technology.
- Technical College degree in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience.
- Applicable certifications: CompTIA, Microsoft, Network Certifications.
- Basic working knowledge of CE infrastructures (e.g. UPS, Generator, AHU, etc.)
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights.
- Experienceoperating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
- Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge.
- Flexibility to work non-business hours (shifts) that may include weekends and/or holidays.
- Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within your DC’s local jurisdiction.
- This is a senior role within the team and therefore previous escalation handling / mentoring / coaching experience is highly desired.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.