|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves: "what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do?" With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Our Asset Information Services team offers the rail industry trusted asset-related data and information management, insight and tools, enabling better informed business decisions that further improve the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of the railway as a system and ultimately deliver the timetable for our passenger and freight customers.
As an Examination Inspector (Lead) you'll direct, organise and motivate the team so that work is undertaken safely, efficiently and to the relevant standards. Undertake the inspection of the Plain Line Pattern Recognition (PLPR) data, Track Geometry data and other systems as necessary. Assist in the management of staff as directed.
About the role (External)
- Carry out work safely and efficiently in accordance with safe systems of work procedures, method statements, standards or other relevant instructions.
- Inspect, verify and record all infrastructure defects and faults presented by the processing systems and report defects and faults to the nominated control centres.
- Record and report system failures and other reasons for the non-delivery of data in accordance with company procedures
- Accurately report all work completed/not completed and produce/maintain records as required
- Undertake work and associated duties for which you are trained and competent.
- Contribute to your own development and that of others.
- Prioritise work arising.
- Support the validation, calibration, product acceptance and implementation of new and existing examination technologies, systems and vehicles as required
- Supervise and check the quality of work delivered.
- Be the shift contact for Customers and Delivery Managers and feedback issues.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Do you meet the following criteria?
- Hold and retain competencies relevant to this post, required by business need.
How to apply (External)
Closing date: 01st June 2020 Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information