|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. NortonLifeLock is dedicated to helping secure the devices, identities, online privacy, and home and family needs of its nearly 50 million consumers, providing them with a trusted ally in a complex digital world. For more information, please visit NortonLifeLock.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Senior Manager, Development Endpoint Security Dublin - secondary location Oslo, Norway
The NortonLifeLock Labs team is made up of leading threat and security researchers supported by advanced systems to innovate security technology and threat intelligence to protect our customers against known and new threats. The main locations of the team are Chennai, India – Oslo, Norway – Dublin, Ireland and Culver City, USA. The Labs team is part of the CTO office.
We overlook the portfolio of security technologies that makes for high detection without sacrificing system performance. The portfolio consists of modern and traditional components, like:
- Network detection
- Reputation and prevalence
- Machine Learning
- Cloud and Crowd detections
- Behavioral analysis
- Anti-virus engines and static scanners
About the role
We are looking for a leader with a strong technical background for our locations in Dublin, Ireland as well as Lysaker/Oslo in Norway. The person should be able to grow our team of highly skilled experts in their fields and enable the team members to do the magic that's inside them. We want the leader together with his team to focus on the multiple components mentioned above. Cooperation with other development teams and security response/expert functions is key in this role.""
Why this role is awesome
- Working in a specialist environment with extremely talented people
- Ability to grow own, dedicated team
- Learning about and working with a multitude of technologies
- Gaining international work experience
- Opportunity to influence development lifecycles and create fast pacing team
- Collaborative environment
- Deep insights into cyber security and threat landscape
- Technical background
- (Coding experience is a plus)
- Worked in developer or software architect role earlier
- Deep understanding of agile development processes
- Experience with scaling teams
- Excellent English skills
- Good communicator to all stakeholder
- Understanding of how to make teams do 1+1=3
- Experience from international workplace, preferably Europe
- Seeks improvements / challenges status quo
- Not afraid to ask critical questions
- Take responsibility
- Ok to work flexible hours (evenings)
- Set the development team up to a defined development and product life cycle
- Creates detailed development plans, prioritizes work assignments and assigns projects based on available resources.
- Define clear objectives for direct reports and measures deliverables against them
- Take relevant decision on behalf and together with the team. Consult with stakeholders in unclear situations.
- Engage in quarterly team check-ins and annual reviews. Regularly document “health”/status of the team
- Continuously establish and recommend changes to policies which effect the team
- Frequently interacts with team, customers and/or functional peer group managers. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Work closely with Security Response and Threat Research
- BS in technical field, BA degree, or equivalent related experience
- 8+ years of experience in software companies/organizations
- 4+ years of management experience
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.