|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. NortonLifeLock is dedicated to helping secure the devices, identities, online privacy, and home and family needs of its nearly 50 million consumers, providing them with a trusted ally in a complex digital world. For more information, please visit NortonLifeLock.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Sr Security Researcher (URL Reputation)
The NortonLifeLock Labs team is made up of leading threat and security researchers supported by advanced systems to innovate security technology and threat intelligence to protect our customers against known and new threats. The main locations of the team are Chennai, India – Oslo, Norway – Dublin, Ireland and Culver City, USA. The Labs team is part of the CTO office.
We overlook the portfolio of security technologies that makes for high detection without sacrificing system performance. The portfolio consists of modern and traditional components, like:
- Network detection
- Reputation and prevalence
- Machine Learning
- Cloud and Crowd detections
- Behavioral analysis
- Anti-virus engines and static scanners
About the role
We are looking for a security researcher for the areas of reputation & cloud detections, specifically in the context of web security. The role is embedded into a team responsible for researching and building cutting edge web security technologies. The security researcher will be the subject matter expert when it comes to web-based attacks and will drive the research to better protect our customers.
Why this role is awesome
- Have an impact on world-wide cyber security by building technology that helps millions of customers stay safe while browsing the Internet
- Join a team with world-leading security experts
- Collaborate with developers and researchers across engineering & research teams
- Experience in analysis of web-based threats
- Excellent understanding of the current Internet threat landscape
- Experience in analyzing browser exploits and good understanding of vulnerability types
- Experience with signature formats such as YARA, Snort, etc.
- Ability to work with and analyze large data sets to find the “needle in the haystack”
- Experience working with network-related indicators (pDNS, domain registrations, certificates)
- Good written and verbal English skills
The following is a plus but not required
- Ability to develop analysis tools and backend processes in a modern operating language
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Lead the research efforts that lead to the development of new web security reputation technologies
- Handle web-related customer escalations
- Perform exploit triage and information extraction
- Identify and follow up on product quality issues
- Help validate third party product tests
- Provide threat information internally
- 2+ years of experience in security research
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.