|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. NortonLifeLock is dedicated to helping secure the devices, identities, online privacy, and home and family needs of its nearly 50 million consumers, providing them with a trusted ally in a complex digital world. For more information, please visit NortonLifeLock.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Director, Security Research in Dublin, Ireland
The NortonLifeLock Labs team is made up of leading threat and security researchers supported by advanced systems to innovate security technology and threat intelligence to protect our customers against known and new threats. The main locations of the team are Chennai, India – Oslo, Norway – Dublin, Ireland and Culver City, USA. The Labs team is part of the CTO office.
We overlook the portfolio of security technologies that makes for high detection without sacrificing system performance. The portfolio consists of modern and traditional components, like:
- Network detection
- Reputation and prevalence
- Machine Learning
- Cloud and Crowd detections
- Behavioral analysis
- Anti-virus engines and static scanners
About the role:
We are looking for a leader with a strong technical background. The person should be able to build and scale a team quickly. Participate in the Global Labs leadership team to drive overall vision and strategy for Security Research in NortonLifeLock.
- Manage and provide technical leadership for a mission-focused and high performing team
- Participate in workforce planning and responsible for hiring, coaching and mentoring for the local team
- Sets clear objectives for direct reports and compares deliverables against objectives.
- Delivers appropriate and timely quarterly and annual reviews.
- Bridge between the local engineering and support teams and the Global Labs team
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our existing processes and workflow.
- Operate as a thought leader in the local market both to support PR and recruiting.
- Work closely with Security Response and Threat Research
- BS in Computer Science. Business education is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the infosec industry, preferably with malware analysis or security research background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.