|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Title: Software Engineer (mobile)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
NortonLifeLock is a global leader in cybersecurity for over 25 years. Every day, more than 50 million people and families in over 60 countries around the globe rely on us to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities both at home and on-the-go. We are searching for smart, creative, and driven individuals in Dublin, Ireland, to join our team to focus on building new products that help consumers embrace the new technologies they increasingly rely on without fear of cybersecurity, identity, and privacy risks.
As part of this team, you will work in small, cross-functional teams of engineers, UX designers, and product owners. You will focus on discovering new customer solution needs by testing the demand, usability, value, and feasibility of new ideas, as well as delivering a robust and scalable implementation of the best ideas that our customers can depend on.
In your role as a Software Engineer, you will be able to learn how to build at scale with a critical mission while also able to innovate like a startup. You'll tackle some of the most challenging problems, research and suggest the implementation of new technologies, and work with a cross-functional team in a collaborative environment. If there is no App for that, help NortonLifeLock be the first to deliver it to the world. We're hiring experienced mobile developers to help us fulfill our mission."
- Participate in Agile development activities, including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos.
- Deliver incremental working software and test automation with each sprint.
- Quickly and efficiently implement and test great, high-quality mobile software.
- Follow proper architectural guidance in developing software and test automation.
- Participates in peer code/design/test reviews and be receptive to fellow experts, helping you improve your craft.
- Utilize good debugging and problem solving, both individually and in a team.
- Uses static analysis and code coverage to improve code quality.
- Participate in team discussions on continual improvement.
- Present/demo completed work in agile meetings clearly and concisely.
This role requires a self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative environment that emphasizes working in small cross-functional teams with UX and engineering teammates as one unit on a mission to make the world a better place.
- Possess a BS / MS Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Must have 2 to 5 years of industry-relevant experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following development languages Java/Kotlin/Swift/Obj-C, is necessary.
- Have familiarity with mobile application development and testing (Android or iOS).
- Have familiarity with Android/iOS OS implementation and frameworks.
- Take ownership and have pride in doing things with quality and excellence.
- They are motivated by working in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment.
- Be a fast learner and self-starter with intellectual horsepower.
- Individual is driven by doing work that matters.
- Have experience with mobile Unit testing Frameworks.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, capable of performing well as part of a high performing team.
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills.
- May have previously published their apps for iOS or Android.
- Have some experience with following Agile development methodologies.
- Posses some experience in designing scalable UI frameworks
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (Jenkins).
- We would like a generalist engineer with the ability to work outside your comfort zone.
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.