|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. NortonLifeLock is dedicated to helping secure the devices, identities, online privacy, and home and family needs of its nearly 50 million consumers, providing them with a trusted ally in a complex digital world. For more information, please visit NortonLifeLock.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Principal Data Scientist (URL Reputation)– Job Description
Location - Dublin
The NortonLifeLock Labs team is made up of leading threat and security researchers supported by advanced systems to innovate security technology and threat intelligence to protect our customers against known and new threats. The main locations of the team are Chennai, India – Oslo, Norway – Dublin, Ireland and Culver City, USA. The Labs team is part of the CTO office.
We overlook the portfolio of security technologies that makes for high detection without sacrificing system performance. The portfolio consists of modern and traditional components, like:
- Network detection
- Reputation and prevalence
- Machine Learning
- Cloud and Crowd detections
- Behavioral analysis
- Anti-virus engines and static scanners
About the role
We are looking for a data scientist for the areas of reputation & cloud detections, specifically in the context of web security. The role is embedded into a team responsible for researching and building cutting edge web security technologies. The data scientist will be responsible for deriving insights from large amounts of threat event data and designing predictive models to protect our customers.
Why this role is awesome
- Have an impact on world-wide cyber security by building technology that helps millions of customers stay safe while browsing the Internet
- Join a team with world-leading security experts
- Deliver cutting edge analytics to deliver the latest protections to customers
- Share experience within and across engineering & research teams
- Experience in analysis and modelling of large data sets to derive insights and delivering measurable value from advanced analytics
- Hands-on experience in ingesting, transforming, and processing data from internal and external sources
- Knowledge of machine learning and predictive analytics
- Good Python skills
- Good skills with SQL and SQL-like query languages
- Ability to collaborate effectively and share best practices with the research organization
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Good understanding of web services and APIs
- Good communicator to technical stakeholders
The following is a plus but not required
- Experience of working in the IT security domain
- Experience with data analytics technologies offered by major cloud services (Azure, AWS): Databricks, Synapse, EMR, Athena, Kinesis Analytics
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Contribute to the research & development of new web security reputation technologies
- Use professional concepts to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Employ expertise as a subject matter expert
- Masters or PhD in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent relevant degree
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in data analytics
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.