|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. NortonLifeLock is dedicated to helping secure the devices, identities, online privacy, and home and family needs of its nearly 50 million consumers, providing them with a trusted ally in a complex digital world. For more information, please visit NortonLifeLock.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube
We are hiring 3 x Principal Software Engineers for Endpoint Security Technology - Based in Dublin and Norway.
The NortonLifeLock Labs team is made up of leading threat and security researchers supported by advanced systems to innovate security technology and threat intelligence to protect our customers against known and new threats. The main locations of the team are Chennai, India – Oslo, Norway – Dublin, Ireland and Culver City, USA. The Labs team is part of the CTO office.
We overlook the portfolio of security technologies that makes for high detection without sacrificing system performance. The portfolio consists of modern and traditional components, like:
- Network detection
- Reputation and prevalence
- Machine Learning
- Cloud and Crowd detections
- Behavioral analysis
- Anti-virus engines and static scanners
About the role
We are looking for a lead engineer for one or more of the areas mentioned above in the Microsoft Windows environment. This principal engineer should have profound low-level experience in the respective area(s). The role includes all aspects of software development including
Get the hands dirty and work in the code Overlook the architecture Guide, train, and collaborate with senior developers on their way to success
Why this role is awesome
- Have an impact on world-wide cyber security by rolling out your features to millions of customers
- Insights into a wide range of security technologies
- Join a team with world-leading security experts
- Gain in-depth experience of the Windows OS and latest features through cooperation with Microsoft
- Insights into all major operating systems by cooperating with other platform teams
- Share experience within and across development teams
- Apply modern development practices to deliver latest protections to customers several times per day
- 10+ years of experience in Windows development
- 10+ years of experience developing in both C and C++
- 5+ years experience in user mode or kernel mode driver development using WDF, WDM, UMDF, or KMDF.
- Wide experience with Windows internals.
- Good understanding of x86/x64 assembly.
- Experience using tools like WinDbg and verifier, Visual studio, Perforce, Git, etc.
- Solid experience in writing unit tests
- Code coverage and code analysis processes
- Ability to navigate quickly in existing code base and unafraid to start progressing in such environment
- Excellent English skills
- Good communicator to technical stakeholders
- Ok to work flexible hours (evenings)
The following is a plus but not required
- Experience working in international workplace, preferably Europe
- Reverse engineering experience
- Good Python skills
- Low level / system performance
- Experience with network technologies (HTTP / TCP/ IP, SSL / TLS)
- Cyber security experience from Network protect / detection perspective.
- Next generation firewalls (NGFW)
- Intrusion detection / prevention systems (IPS/IDS)
- Cyber security experience in endpoint security technology
- Network filter drivers
- HIPS / behavioral detection
- Design, develop, test, document and maintain both kernel level data collection drivers and user mode services running on Windows endpoints.
- Follow best practices, secure coding, testing methodologies, effective peer code reviews, and robust architecture patterns.
- Use professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- Provide guidance to other team members and peers without formal authority or supervisory responsibility
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods
- Employ expertise as a subject matter expert
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- BS in computer science or equivalent related experience
- 8+ years of experience in software companies/organizations
- 10+ years of programming experience
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.