|Job Type:||Full Time|
There is a fantastic opportunity to join the award-winning Lenovo Consumer 4P
(Category) Team to own the product management aspect of both the Consumer PC
Desktop market and the Consumer Monitor range.
We are a small team – and each person in the team needs to contribute to the
high performing team for us to deliver our significant business plans.
You will be responsible for two very different product groups in terms of
their position in the market – the Lenovo desktop brand is one of the leading
and most established brands in the UK – with a very strong market share and
established channels the aim is to get the brand to be the number 1 in the UK
and Irish markets. The consumer monitor range this is a new and emerging
category for Lenovo and it’s all about driving growth and establishing our
range in the consumer retail market.
Both product portfolios cover every type of consumer product from entry design
products all the way through to our Yoga and Legion Gaming products.
The role of the 4P in Lenovo is a pivotal role in the success of the category
– working alongside the Head of Consumer 4P your key responsibilities include:
- Driving and supporting the Consumer Sales Team of the sell in of new product
ranges for the key retailers including key promotional activity like Black
- Building and owning the channel strategy alongside the Consumer Sales
- P&L accountability alongside the Head of Consumer 4P
- Weekly analysis of the market conditions using the Lenovo tools and systems
as well as building your own understanding of what the key drivers are.
- Presenting the line up and the features and benefits to the retail customers
at the annual Lenovo retailer kick off.
- Engagement with colleagues from the Worldwide and European teams in feeding
back on new products and shaping the UK and Ireland line ups by selecting the
right products from the Global Lenovo line up.
- Supporting the Sales Team with input for the Joint Business Plans with the
top retailers in the country, to drive the Lenovo line up
- Building relationships with the likes of Microsoft, Intel, Google, AMD and
NVIDIA to maximise marketing investments to drive the Lenovo business.
- Supporting the marketing teams in identifying which products and which
retail partners we engage with for promotional activity.
- Managing the promotional calendar and importantly the budget to drive sell
out targets and deliver the best return investment for Lenovo.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and a passion for
numbers and a desire to own the products end to end.
- Ideally experience of the Consumer Electronics Industry either within
Category/ Business Management or in a buying role within a retailer or
- If no Consumer Electronics experience in Category management from segment
(Durables / FMCG etc) would be considered.
- Experience of manging a P&L or budget is vital.
- Able to demonstrate that you can convince others to follow your suggestions
by using data to shape your decisions and tell the story that you want all
levels of the organisation to support from EMEA and local Directors, to
marketing and sales teams as well of convincing retailers to back Lenovo
rather than another brand in this highly competitive market.
- Excellent networking skills, you would be expected to build strong working
relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Confident and flexible presenter depending on who you are presenting to.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis
of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.