|Location:||South Yorkshire, Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: Sheffield, S1
Contract Type: Permanent - includes weekend working.
Category / Function: Customer Services (office)
This role is contact centre based and we will work within government guidance around Covid-19 best practise to ensure the health and wellbeing of our colleagues as a priority
Central to our aim, our Customer Support Team will deliver higher service levels for our UK operations. This will be achieved through a detailed understanding of our operations and our customers. State of the art systems will ensure requests are speedily and effectively resolved with access to robust data both for developing strong customer relationships and for continually improving our services.
As one of our Customer Advisors, you will provide support to customers' transaction requests, through a range of inbound and outbound communication channels, within agreed time scales and in an appropriate manner. Our advisors are responsible for a variety of customer support matters which range from processing customer compensation claims to complaints handling.
Your role will be key in enabling our Customer Support Team to meet team and departmental objectives and to effectively address issues for our customers.
Depending on your role, your day-to-day tasks may include:
- Working with a wide range of colleagues to deliver exceptional customer service
- Responding to calls, emails and web chat enquiries from customers and colleagues
- Carrying out work to a level that meets both time and quality requirements
- Updating customers' records on our Customer Relationship Management system
- Advising customers and colleagues by explaining products and procedures, answering questions and providing information
- Working with colleagues across our businesses to provide continuous improvement feedback on the causes of any customer issues
- Dealing with customer orders, payments, refunds, enquiries or complaints
- Carrying out market research via phone calls or internet research
- Determining customer eligibility for services by comparing records and requirements
- Maintaining our systems and equipment by reporting any problems
- Achieving performance objectives while adhering to standards and guidelines
- Updating relevant knowledge by participating in training
- Using a computer and associated applications confidently
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good comprehension of English and ability to write English quickly, concisely and effectively
- Capacity to communicate effectively using all forms of media
- Active listening skills
- Skills in systems usage and data entry
- Confident in identifying and highlighting issues identified while carrying out duties
- Ability to learn and apply policies
- Knowledge gained by working in a customer support or contact centre environment
- Excellent organisational skills coupled with the ability to prioritise work
Do you have a passion for delivering excellent customer service?
Do you have an excellent telephone and social media manner?
Are you thorough with good attention to detail?
Empathy with other people's perspectives and the ability to work well with others?
Patience and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations?
Flexible in your approach to work with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing customer services environment?
Apply now and join the team!
FirstGroup plc is a FTSE 250 constituent and leading transport operator in the UK and North America. During the last year around 2 billion passengers relied on us to get to work, to school or college, to visit family and friends and much more. Each day every one of our 100,000 employees works hard to deliver vitally important services for our customers.
We are one of the UK's most experienced rail operators, carrying around 140m passengers across our three franchises and our open access operation.
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer.