|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Title: Sr. Manager of Development
Location: Dublin, Ireland
NortonLifeLock is a global leader in cybersecurity for over 25 years. Every day, more than 50 million people and families in over 60 countries around the globe rely on us to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities both at home and on-the-go. We are searching for smart, creative, and driven individuals in Dublin, Ireland, to join our team to focus on building new products that help consumers embrace the new technologies they increasingly rely on without fear of cybersecurity, identity, and privacy risks.
As part of this team, you will work in small, cross-functional teams of engineers, UX designers, and product owners. You will focus on discovering new customer solution needs by testing the demand, usability, value, and feasibility of new ideas, as well as delivering a robust and scalable implementation of the best ideas that our customers can depend on.
In your role as Sr. Manager of Development, you can expect the following:
- Build A High Performing Team: Ensure we hire the right people and focus on growing our team members’ potential and career aspirations. Focus on removing roadblocks and improving inefficient processes.
- Understand Our Products: Learn our company, learn, and use our products. Evangelize to our teams. Have the business knowledge to help decide the proper direction and help Norton win.
- Ensure Quality Code and Systems: Install the right processes and culture so that we have high confidence in our engineering efforts. Drive our team to ensure we have a strict focus on test automation for our use cases.
- Manage Budget and Costs: Manage your team’s budget. Be conscious of cost when making decisions.
- Assist Managing Our Backlog: Work with our product owners so that the right work exists for our team at the right time.
- Provide Technical Direction: Collaborate with our architects to provide technical guidance to make sure we are using the right technologies and platforms. Continuously learn about trends in the market that our team and products can leverage.
- Guide Our Deployment Pipeline: Focus on improving our automated build/test/deploy methods to increase efficiency and quality.
- Communicate Effectively: Write well and speak well. Feel comfortable addressing or representing your team or presenting to senior leadership.
- Build Relationships: Build a system of respect and support from peers and other teams to elevate your brand and the brand of your team. Support other teams’ success and demand the same.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 3+ years technical management experience
- 3+ years of Java or C++ development experience
- Strong Computer Science background knowledge, particularly mobile applications or highly scaled software/architecture
- Experience managing agile teams
- Ability to dive deep into problems when necessary
- Experience building/maintaining development pipelines and continuous integration/deployment
- Experience managing projects leveraging NoSQL data stores
- Background in software security
- Experience with mobile applications
- Excellent grasp of technology trends in the marketplace; Able to act as a visionary for our technology
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.