|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameEastern Region
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
You'll present the "Front Face" of Network Rail to our external partners, and as such, have a responsibility in balancing client expectations and safe guarding the railway from any ill effects. This won't always be an easy task but you will be presented with the opportunities to grow your own skills and influence our improvement and project plans for the benefit of thousands. You can be proud knowing you will make a difference every single day.
About the role (External)
As a scheme interface manager, your key focus will be seamlessly integrating the funded projects into the operational railway whilst minimising any disruptions to our passengers. Here your problem-solving ability will be invaluable. Your days will never be the same and some of your responsibilities will be:
- Building solutions on how to integrate the funded projects into the operational railway
- Liaise with our customers to facilitate compliance with our various governance processes - your powers of persuasion and influencing will be needed as our customer's needs vary immensely
- Interrogate customers to understand the project needs and what is needed to integrate with business as usual operation
- Support your project teams to enable them to get the resources they need to make the project vision a reality
- You will communicate project achievements to all within Network rail and your project partners
- Working with your team you will devise strategies to minimise any disruption that will be felt by our freight and passenger customers
All of this sounds like a lot, and it is. Do not let this put you off; Network rail will give you the support to surmount any challenges you face. If you can answer "yes" to the below questions, you should apply now to start exploring how we can help you get to your career goals.
- Do you have strong project management skills within a railway environment including knowledge of Network Rail's commercial, program control and investment practices (GRIP)?
- Are you educated to degree level in project management, construction or a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience?
- Do you have knowledge of the operational railway and railway infrastructure?
- Are you working towards your PRINCE 2 or have a project management membership?
- Do you take pride in your schemes and are willing to be accountable in your work?
- Are you prepared to face challenges and take them in your stride?
- Will you manage the project budget, minimising spend where you can?
- Do you have knowledge of construction health and safety legislation including CDM and CSM-RA.
How to apply (External)
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefitsincluding a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £40,107 - £45,120.
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 27th of May 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.