|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Title: Principal Product Manager
Location: Dublin, Ireland
NortonLifeLock is a global leader in cybersecurity for over 25 years. Every day, more than 50 million people and families in over 60 countries around the globe rely on us to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities both at home, and on-the-go. We are searching for smart, creative, and driven individuals in Dublin, Ireland to join our team to focus on building new products that help consumers embrace the new technologies they increasingly rely on without fear of cyber security, identity, and privacy risks.
As part of this team you will work in small, cross-functional teams of engineers, UX designers, and product owners. You will focus on discovering new customer solution needs by testing the demand, usability, value, and feasibility of new ideas, as well as delivering a robust and scalable implementation of the best ideas that our customers can depend on.
In your role as Principal Product Manager you will drive the team efforts to separate good ideas from the bad, translate learnings into backlog, and drive execution to deliver against our product vision.
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of research, company business needs, competitors/industry trends, and customer needs (via continuous customer interviews)
- Discover opportunities worth pursuing through rapid experimentation using prototypes, A/B testing, user story mapping, design sprints, and other product discovery techniques
- Craft and improve monetization strategies for new product concepts
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for product roadmaps; identifying customer challenges – converting them into user stories – prioritizing them in sequence for scrum teams for own product/service to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with learnings from prior sprints, team goals, and overall product vision
- Function as team lead and mentor other Product Managers with less experience to share learnings and ensure quality experience for the customer
- Work closely with product leaders to influence overall product vision and strategy
- Inform decisions with qualitative and quantitative data
- Manage effective alignment and communication across internal and partner stakeholders
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Keep abreast with Product Discovery, Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
This role requires a self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative environment that emphasizes working in small cross-functional teams with UX and engineering teammates as one unit on a mission to make the world a better place.
- Solid business insight and analytical ability to guide product to achieve business goals. Ability to perform a range of business analytics ranging from problem/root cause identification to modeling new business economics
- High energy and ability to demonstrate clear vision.
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and able to clearly define different delivery options and their respective tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated track record as a Product Manager in delivering successful releases
- Able to take complex data and distill it into a set of easily digestible KPI’s and presentations for the executive team or non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to build credible relationships and influence with both highly technical stakeholders and non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledgeable in business case development and has a deep understanding of ROI
- 6+ years of experience as a PM in an Agile/Scrum environment building mobile apps and single page web applications used directly by consumers (B2C)
- BS/BA in computer science, business or related discipline. MBA Preferred
- Thoughtful and methodical, but biased towards action
- Has excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal) to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience and or passion for smart home/IoT technology, parental controls and online safety, physical safety, and gamification techniques is not required but is highly desirable
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.