|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Title: UX Manager
Location: Dublin, Ireland
NortonLifeLock is a global leader in cybersecurity for over 25 years. Every day, more than 50 million people and families in over 60 countries around the globe rely on us to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities both at home and on-the-go. We are searching for smart, creative, and driven individuals in Dublin, Ireland, to join our team to focus on building new products that help consumers embrace the new technologies they increasingly rely on without fear of cybersecurity, identity, and privacy risks.
Your team will work in small, cross-functional teams of engineers, UX designers, and product owners to discover new customer solution needs by testing the demand, usability, value, and feasibility of new ideas, as well as delivering a robust and scalable implementation of the best ideas that our customers can depend on.
In your role as manager of a new UX team you will guide and mentor your designers focused on exloring and delivering totally new concepts, exploring how to develop these into meaningful, relevant products, and designing intuitive, clean flows and user interfaces to help separate good product ideas from the bad, translate learnings into action, and drive execution to deliver against our product vision.
- Be a key design team leader, mentor, subject matter expert, and the voice of experience as we create next generation solutions
- Partner with product and development leaders to build a culture of experimentation using prototypes, A/B testing, user story mapping, design sprints, and other product discovery techniques and make usability a core part of every release.
- Work tightly with Dev team leaders and Product Managers to ensure your team is performing at their best and UI asset production timetables are met, while also ensuring best-in-class UX and design.
- Inspire your team to go beyond the normal, achieve leaps of imagination and inspired design.
- Be a team player who injects excitement into the team through your passion and exquisite work.
- Perform all the usual necessary roles of a Manager, from performance reviews to working with Facilities, ensuring your team has what they need to be able to do their jobs and enjoy the process.
- Be the face and spokesperson for the Dublin design team, reporting up to the head of global design as well as representing to senior management.
This role requires a self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative environment that emphasizes working in small cross-functional teams with UX and engineering teammates as one unit on a mission to make the world a better place.
- An impressive portfolio showcasing market-leading user experience and visual design work.
- Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. You know your tools without even having to think about them.
- Minimum 6-10 years doing UX work developing flows and wireframes, solving complex experiences, and making them intuitive to consumers (B2C) If you can’t show us impressive UX flows that you designed, do not apply.
- Minimum +3 years Managing and Leading a product design team.
- At least 25% of prior experience focused on Mobile app design.
- Strong experience working from idea, through flows and wireframes to delivering a final product.
- Experience working in Agile development environment a huge plus (our Dev teams are Agile)
- Experience using design Discover opportunities worth pursuing through rapid experimentation using prototypes, A/B testing, user story mapping, design sprints, and other product discovery techniques
- Able to provide guidance to your designers, without taking over or doing their work for them – you’ve mastered the art of highlighting the signposts while letting your designers actually solve the challenges and walk their own path.
- Work in partnership with our Usability Researcher, your designers and multiple Dev teams to guide them to do fast usability testing and act rapidly on the information, iterating towards the optimal experience.
- A desire for pixel perfection is a requirement.
- You have and can inspire an unbridled passion for clean and elegant solutions – cluttered UIs make you physically uncomfortable.
- Exceptional familiarity with industry design language and standards and design protocols.
- You can develop a strong empathy for the end user – You know the pain points before they do.
- You love nothing more than to inspire your team to create designs and experiences that delight customers.
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.