|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers.
The Head of Engagement & Retention is responsible for overseeing and driving The Telegraph's long-term subscriber retention and engagement strategies with the ultimate goal of improving our subscriber engagement and retention.
- Lead a team on defining, developing and executing The Telegraph's subscriber retention and engagement strategies
- Develop and report on engagement and retention performance to identify opportunities and risks
- Own end-to-end subscriber communications with continual optimisation and reporting to identify correlations with improvements to retention
- Manage change across the business that will have an impact on subscriber experience to ensure risk is minimised and opportunity maximised
- Drive The Telegraph's On-boarding strategy, in-life and best in class retention programmes
- Build and develop the team to support a world-class subscriber experience, engagement and retention strategy and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Become the evangelist for customer-centric, data-led subscriber retention strategies business-wide. Support stakeholders in understanding their impact and influence on engagement and retention
- Drive an engagement plan across the business in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Have a deep understanding of the competitor and subscription landscape in order to identify new ideas and drive innovation to create improvements
- Define and deliver contact strategy across customer lifecycle using data and insight to inform strategy
- Define and drive implementation of data and technology capabilities to scale personalisation and digital journeys
- Lead your team in developing, implementing and measuring test and learn programmes
- We're looking for someone who is highly experienced in customer/subscriber engagement, retention, loyalty and marketing, ideally within a media and/or membership/subscriptions environment
- Strong background in customer/subscriber experience, ideally within a digital product
- A clear understanding of churn funnel reporting and a proven track record of driving improvements in churn (customer and system led)
- A track record of effective team and culture building, including management and development of both direct and matrix teams
- Used to working in a highly data-literate environment, within a strategy that converts data and analytics into actionable insight and strategies
- You will have managed a marketing budget effectively, working creatively to use the budget and deliver ROI
- A strong collaborator who can work across teams to deliver strategy
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Good attention to detail, planning and time management skills with the ability to work to competing tight deadlines under pressure - tactically and long-term.
- Strong ability to prioritise and focus on the right initiatives to drive the biggest impact on KPIs
- A highly creative and innovative individual who can identify new opportunities, quantify potential benefit and drive change through
- Passionate about developing teams and individuals with a can-do attitude to succeed
The Telegraph's goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager's agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.