|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationMilton Keynes, GB
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
IT and Business Services, which are part of Route Services are delivering services that are vital to the running of the railway, deliver the provision of services agreed by the routes to allow them to benefit from economies of scale and the optimisation of our critical resources. Every year we buy and deliver 2000km of rail and 2.5 million tonnes of ballast and operate 1200 rail vehicles. Behind the scenes we process £7bn of payments, handle over 23,000 IT helpdesk calls and make sure everyone's wages are paid on time
About the role (External)
As a Systems Support Assistant you'll provide business support for a set of Network Rail applications
What will you be doing?
- Maintain and update reference data fora set of Network Applicationsto preserve and promote their accuracy, completeness and integrity
- Manage the creation, transfer and validation of data to and between Network Rail and external systems
- Assist the implementation of systems development by conducting user acceptance testing
- Assist The Systems Support Analyst in the provision of business support.
- Manage the Assyst call system on behalf of the team, allocating calls to the appropriate team member.
- Monitor performance and availability of a set of Network Rail applications on behalf of business users
- Provide system administration with regard to access, security, and reporting.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of quality and efficiency improvement/changeinitiatives
- Undertake the role in a way that is consistent with and reinforces Network Rail's values and behaviours.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Do you meet the following criteria?
- Strong experience of working in a business support environment
- Good analytical skills in a technical or systems related environment
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- High level of computer literacy including ability to query and manipulate data
- Knowledge and understanding of Network Rail applications
How to apply (External)
Salary: £27,000 - £29,000
Closing date: 02/06/2020 Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
This is a 6 month fixed term position
To be considered for this role, you shall live within 75 minutes of The Quadrant Milton Keynes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information