|Job Type:||Full Time|
Vaultex are a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC. We are doing well and are the UK’s leading cash processing company, processing around £160 billion bank notes and coins per year on behalf of our shareholders and their customers. The note inflow we process, if laid end-to-end, would stretch to the moon and back!
The IT department have completed a transformation moving away from the traditional delivery methods with the establishment of Agile teams and utilising the latest Agile Delivery and Development techniques.
The team is focused on building the next generation of cash processing and cash management solutions, and leveraging technology innovation to change the way we do business. This is an exciting journey and we are seeking to recruit people who are excited by the prospect of transforming businesses through use of technology!
The primary purpose of the Solutions Architect (SA) is to determine, agree and communicate fit for purpose technology solutions, in the form of design documentation, which meets the needs of the business, while adhering to the Architecture Framework and the overall IT Strategy.
The SA works closely with delivery teams throughout the change life cycle to ensure, rather than assure, the right outcomes are achieved.
The SA has a focus on the application and data domains, but must have sufficient knowledge about the infrastructure and hosting environments to effectively work with operations teams. Being a part of a small architecture team, the SA will further help to maintain the Architecture Framework to ensure we have a well-defined application portfolio and road-maps, along with supporting principles, patterns and standards.
- Designing fit for purpose solutions (incl. time spent with delivery teams)
- Maintaining the Architecture Framework
- Research and Innovation work and personal development
- Admin and Support related activities
Skills and Experience
- Experienced Solutions Architect (acting in a lead capacity) on a variety of complex projects in a financial/regulated and/or highly complex environment where security is taken seriously
- Experienced at designing bespoke web-based solutions and integrating with in-house and third party solutions using modern APIs and integration/middleware technology
- Experienced at creating and taking design documentation through a formal approval process and communicating that design to delivery teams to ensure everyone understands what needs to be achieved
- Experienced working in RFP processes to ensure appropriate technology solutions are selected, followed by supporting the delivery of that technology in to the business
- Experienced working with small project teams throughout the entire change lifecycle, from functional and non-functional requirements gathering to service transition, competent to support that lifecycle where required
- Previous experience in software development and still close to technology.
- Ideally experienced working with Enterprise Architects to maintain and evolve Architecture Frameworks; application portfolios, roadmaps, standards, patterns.
Previous development background, preferably in Microsoft technologies, e.g.:
- .Net and C#
- Web API (REST based APIs)
- Modern UI frameworks; e.g. React, Angular
- Databases – Microsoft SQL Server – Schema design and SQL
Up to date experience with modern integration platforms and solutions:
- API Gateways and ESB platforms; e.g. Webmethods, Mule, AWS/Azure
- ETL; e.g. SSIS
- Queuing and Eventing Technology; e.g. ActiveMQ, Kafka
- Able to design robust and secure APIs using OpenAPI Specification
Experience integrating and deploying to traditional infrastructure services:
- Server, database, web and application server, load balancers….
- Experience integrating with monitoring technology; e.g. Elastic, New Relic
- Ideally experience with modern Identity and Access Management platforms
- Ideally experience designing and implementing CRM/Case/Process Management platforms
- Ideally experience designing and deploying solutions to Cloud platforms; Azure, AWS
- Ability to provide the necessary governance and controls for a regulated, financial organisations, in a lightweight and pragmatic way that allows the delivery teams to operate within an agile methodology
- Someone who enjoys the challenge of technology and is interested in technology
- Collaborative, open and able to communicate effectively
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and takes pride in work
- Logical, analytical mind-set, able to solve problems without over-engineering.
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Gold Status and have a great range of benefits including:
- Career Development Opportunities and structured training/on-boarding.
- A generous company pension (employees auto enrolled onto the scheme at 4% with 10% employer contribution)
- 25 days holiday with an option to buy additional holidays
- A performance based bonus scheme paying up to 30% of salary annually.
- Group life assurance
- VaultXtra – discounts on various retailers, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Gym Flex Membership, Cash-back on purchases, reloadable cards to spend in store and eye tests.
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free and independent service should our employees require professional, confidential and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling
- Competitive salaries and regular pay reviews.
- Car allowance £6,000pa
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.