|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare is a one-of-a-kind game studio where we create the kind of games the world doesn't have, games that are uniquely Rare! Working here offers opportunities unlike anywhere else. You'll be providing players with unforgettable shared experiences in games loved by millions worldwide. Our pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, launched in 2018, is still going strong – and alongside that we're busy creating our next magical world, Everwild, announced in 2019 to a global audience.
We strive to make Rare an amazing place to work, embracing a culture of respect and building a supportive environment for our developers. Our custom-built Twycross studio is situated in the beautiful English countryside, surrounded by woodland and wildlife, with plenty of room for us to grow. Studio benefits are catered to making life easier for staff, including flexible working, a bonus scheme, an industry-leading pension package, private healthcare, mental health initiatives and free events for employees and their families.
By joining Rare, you'll be joining one of the finest studios in the industry with support from the wider Xbox Game Studios network. We're always on the lookout for exceptional people who can bring their expertise and unique thinking to help make our team even stronger!
Rare are on the lookout for an outstanding Producer to join our Sea of Thieves team! With the opportunity to work on an established, exciting, and unique product with an evolving community of players, as a key part in the development process - this role really is not one to miss.
As a Producer at Rare, you will be working alongside all game disciplines, managing the team’s priorities, whilst also maintaining a focus on the team health. With your expertise, we can balance game quality with timely delivery, whilst also maintaining a healthy and motivated team.
We want to deliver great game experiences that surprise and delight our players, whilst doing it in an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and can learn and grow.
If you have a strong understanding of Sea of Thieves, the experience of managing a product’s development and a proven track record of working with cross discipline teams, then we would love to hear from you.
- Understand Sea of Thieves as a game experience, how our upcoming priorities fold into the experience, and work with team leads to build and deliver against a plan
- Ensure that features are broken down efficiently and are communicated to all relevant teams across the studio
- Maintain a team culture in which everyone has a voice and where we are always looking to learn and improve
- Launch features and experiences into our Sea of Thieves live service and use feedback and data to understand how effectively they are performing
- An understanding of Sea of Thieves and how it has grown & evolved over it’s service
- Hands On experience managing cross-discipline teams, this can be in a different sector than games
- Work well in a team environment, possess strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with complex situations
- Strong self-motivation and attention to detail
- Experience of working in a development environment that co-ordinates across multiple teams and sites would be beneficial, but not essential
- Experience in managing a product as a service in Live operation would be beneficial, but not essential
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.