|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
Develop and enhance training materials across all media formats, maintaining and administering appropriate document control systems and processes to Network Rail's agreed quality and safety standards.
Where applicable learning and development / media development qualifications maybe able to be funded by Network Rail.
This role is to be based in London.
Interviews may take place via Skype or telephone, depending on the situation with Covid-19.
About the role (External)
1.Produce diagrams, drawings, training packs, elearning and any other supporting media for training and assessment materials. Perform quality checks in order that non-technical mistakes are addressed prior to publication.
2.Maintain effective control of all training materials and supporting databases and systems, consistent with Network Rail Training and national standards and processes.
3.Liaise and consult with Network Rail Learning Designers and Media Learning Development Specialists as required to clarify product specifications and maintain adherence to quality and timescale requirements.
4.Monitor compliance with Network Rail branding requirements and Network Rail Training house styles and templates. Maintain auditable records from draft to published materials, confirming that final versions are proofed and approved prior to issue.
5.Establish, monitor and comply with document control processes and storage of soft and hard copy media.
6.Produce and issue communications and updates on Training and Assessment materials to internal and external customers and stakeholders in accordance with document control requirements.
7.Provide administration services as may be required in relation to Network Rail Training analysis, design, and development processes and systems
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in designing, developing and publishing effective training and development products, using a variety of authoring and/or design software packages, such as (but not limited to) Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate, and Captivate
- Excellent attention to detail and quality driven approach to working
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Able to take initiative, identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to demonstrate personal accountability when striving for results, whilst consistently role-modelling core behaviours of collaboration and customer-centred decision making
- Ability to assess and challenge risky or unsafe actions, or poor behaviours of others
- Experience of copy editing and proof reading
- Relevant drawing/design qualification
- Document Control experience
How to apply (External)
Closing date: 26-May-2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information