|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft envisions a mobile-first, cloud-empowered world. A world of endless possibilities. A world where passionate innovators come to collaborate to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. A world, where Security is not an inhibitor, but an enabler. We’re a glimpse ahead, reinventing the way we work, play, learn and do business. Bring your vision to ours!
Interested in Azure Cloud security support? Is Security your passion? Are you interested in learning more about it and help our International Premier Customers? Then come join the Customer Services & Support (CSS) Security team at Microsoft as a Security Support Engineer responsible for learning and supporting these cutting-edge security products:
Azure Security Center
Microsoft Cloud Application Security
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection
Azure Advanced Threat Protection
Azure Storage Advanced Threat Protection
Azure Security of Things
System Center Endpoint Protection
Many new cutting-edge products that are coming to the team soon
Your Profile and The Position:
As a Security Support Engineer, you will be an elite member of a customer facing security support team working on resolving complex issues with Azure Cloud and On-Prem Microsoft security products. You have extensive experience providing mission critical customer support to external enterprise customers with a focus on helping, advising, and empowering customers to achieve more. You have a passion for learning new technologies, collaborating with other experts to find solutions, having complete customer obsession, continuously optimizing and improving the customer support experience, and having fun. You enjoy working on challenging issues that require in depth investigation, excellent communication, and complete ownership to drive issues to resolution. You obsess over small details to make sure that each customer interaction not only drives issues to resolution, but also ensures that customers are effectively using Microsoft technologies to further the success of their business.
In all interactions with our customers, you communicate effectively, have complete accountability and ownership over providing amazing results, show resourcefulness in providing timely and effective solutions, and approach every situation with empathy, care, and a focus on providing an amazing experience. When you don’t know the answer, you “swarm” with other engineers at Microsoft to come up with a solution quickly, and you aren’t afraid to ask questions and learn new things daily. You don’t let anything block you in the pursuit of a world class customer service experience for our customers.
This position requires extensive cross-group coordination and excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail; and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables. You must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, while also exhibiting flexibility and adaptability across a broad organizational matrix.
Beyond extensive technical focus, this role requires the ability to communicate issues and recommendations clearly and concisely and build broad relationships with influencers to impact key business results. You are passionate about improving the customer support experience and the product by collaborating with software developers to recommend feature improvements.
- Scope and resolve complex issues with onboarding, deployment and configuration of products.
- Advise and educate customers on the features and capabilities of our products.
- Interpret and analyze log data to troubleshoot issues.
- Communicate solutions and recommendations to the customer and ensure that customers have the information and tools to address similar issues in the future.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other teams and experts throughout Microsoft to tailor the best solution for customer issues.
- Develop, document, and implement runbooks for training, process standardization, and guidance on how to troubleshoot effectively.
- Troubleshoot issues in customer environments involving cloud, server, endpoint, and network infrastructure.
- Perform activities necessary to quickly mitigate outages and service interruptions in the customer’s environment by recommending and implementing workarounds.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of product roadmaps and emerging technologies.
- Investigate and communicate incident root cause to customers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation when required.
- Experience in Network Security Engineering or consulting, and/or Systems Administration with focus on security (this should include experience with endpoint security, server security and threat analytics).
- Customer facing support experience.
- Windows Server, Windows Client, Active Directory and/or Azure Active Directory administration.
- Cloud experience with any of the major cloud providers, including cloud security, networking, and migration of multi-cloud or hybrid deployments.
- Experience supporting large and complex geographically distributed enterprise environments with 1000+ users.
- Experience in Linux and/or Mac administration.
- Automation (PowerShell and/or Python, Java, or a similar language, can be a beginner to intermediate level).
- Demonstrated experience learning new technologies.
- Strong collaborative skills and extensive cross-group coordination skills.
- Proven customer service skills supporting external and/or internal customers in an enterprise environment.
- Great phone presence and documentation abilities. Excellent executive communication and crisis management skills.
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to translate complex technical processes into simple to follow written guides.
- Previous experience working in a large, complex, highly matrixed global organization preferred.
- Ability to work in a high pace environment with many competing priorities and randomization.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, or relevant work experience
- Preferred IT Industry certifications (Microsoft Certifications On-Prem or Cloud, Cisco, CISSP, CEH, Amazon AWS, etc.)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.