|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
The Product Owner of the Infrastructure and Compliance Team in the Monetization Unit at eyeo brings in perspectives from the contemporary ad tech environment to help the technical backbone of the unit to enable success for business. In addition to your own work in your team, you will be responsible for the Product Owner Section including three direct reports.
- Helps the team to align on a vision and mission
- Works with the team to draft key objectives and results
- Gathers requirements from their team’s stakeholders
- Captures requirements and acceptance criteria in epics, user stories or tasks descriptions
- Technically assesses upcoming projects
- Ensures the team understands all items in the backlog
- Manages and prioritizes the backlog of their team
- Creates and maintains a roadmap together with their team, ensuring requirements of stakeholders to be represented in content and timing
- Establishes a data-driven approach for all projects and experiments of their team
- Is the contact person for information about the status and success of the team’s activities
What you bring to the table...
- At least 5 years of experience in a Product Owner or similar role working with a team in a global organization
- Confident with greenfield projects
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Great understanding of modern web technologies
- Good knowledge about online advertising technology
- Has worked a significant amount of time in an in-house capacity and is not only used to an agency environment
- Good networker that establishes relations and a good communication flow across teams business areas with ease
- Highly self-organised and able to develop efficient working processes
- Accustomed to working with modern tooling, e.g. Jira, Confluence, chat, etc.
- Experience with agile organisations
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Work experience in an ad tech organization
- Knowledge about ad blocking and monetisation solutions, e.g. paywalls, etc.
- Knowledge about the browser market on Desktop and mobile
- Knowledge about BI tooling, e.g. Sisense, Tableu, etc.
- Knowledge about browser automation, e.g. Puppeteer, Selenium, Cypress, etc.
- Knowledge about customer support tools, e.g. bug reporting, incident management, etc.
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons