|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-obsessed Support Engineering Manager, who has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership and has empowered people to help customers succeed. As a Support Engineering Manager (SEM), you will focus on building and leading a high performing team of engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring our teams provide a positive support experience, which includes being responsive to our customers and effectively partnering with stakeholders on the most critical problems for Microsoft’s customers. You will represent Microsoft to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Microsoft Engineering Group, leveraging the culture of customer obsession at Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
As a Support Engineering Manager, you will:
- Manage and lead a diverse and inclusive team of Support Engineers and Support Escalation Engineers, with focus on team performance.
- Enable an environment in which people can do their best work, ensuring your team builds the customer focus, collaboration skills, technical expertise, agility and excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed to support our customers effectively
- Conduct employee assessment discussions, provide coaching, share feedback regularly and partner with employees on career development.
- Manage all aspects of customer support delivery, including daily operations, scheduling, meetings and addressing customer feedback.
- Foster a strong partnership between technical support teams and stakeholders in other parts of the business
- Partner with global peers to ensure consistency and follow-through for global processes and coordination of resources
- 3+ years experience leading and developing people
- English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. If English is not native language, proficiency test results is a plus (e.g. TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge English Exams)
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
- Ability to manage high pressure situations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, management, business, or related field or 4 years work experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.