|Job Type:||Full Time|
As part of this function exploration of technologies that have potentially hugeimpact for JPMC (unknown intrinsic value), support business areas, create (build) and/or implement new technologies or provide guidance and associated usage guard rails. Implement operating model between Applied Research and Innovation to drive change in technology and future capabilities which are transformed into new products, processes, and services via innovation.
Formulate research problems based on JPMC needs and conduct high-qualityresearch. Develop hardware, software and application system prototypes of theproposed solutions. Conduct experiments to evaluate the performance andeffectiveness of the solutions. Create proof-of-concept technologydemonstrations. Potentially generate creative solutions (patents) and publishresearch results internally and in some cases where permissible externalevents.
The CTO applied research engineer is primarily responsible for developinginnovative prototypes to demonstrate the business potentials of upcomingtechnologies. To be successful in this role, one most important requirement isthe innate curiosity for what's new, and a strong ability to learn new technologiesquickly. The individual must possess deep, hands-on technical skills and befamiliar with a wide range of technical themes and development practices. He orshe will contribute as technical subject matter experts to the various AppliedResearch projects (some outlined below), out-of-box thinking and team work isalso critical for this role.
Work within the CTO Research labs unlocking the potential of technicaltrends including;
1. Distributed Ledgers and Block Chains.
2. Game Theory and Quantum Computing.
3. Optimizations in Large Scale Distributed Calculations/computing, edgecomputing & federated learning; IOT.
4. Robotic Process Automation and automation of ML pipelines from ideation toproduction.
5. Scientific computing, underlying storage patterns - how to persist and usehighly dimensional data - GPU/CUDA SQL for instance.
6. Medical science techniques for data privacy, telehealth, VR, precisionmedicine, massive data rendering.
7. Advanced AI tools and techniques.
- MSc in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or a related quantitative field; proven track record of research publications.
- Excellent coding and software development skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Algorithm development experience Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Wolfram, Python or similar scripting language preferred.
- Proven track record of research publications.
- Strong programming experience in Python, Java, C/C++ or similar languages.
Computation science, algorithms, mathematical& computational models, simulations, parallel/distributed computing,GPU/FPGA; Theoretical computer science, quantum, computational complexity.Strong knowledge of Machine Learning foundations and techniques coveringmachine learning frameworks & platforms e.g. Scikit-learn, TensorFlow,Keras, Mxnet, Rapids, Chainer as example. Knowledge of mainstream Deep Learningarchitectures (MLP, CNN, RNN, LSTM, GAN etc.)
The Chief Technology Office oversees enabling components inclusive ofthe top quality engineering and architecture tools and practices, key programmanagement and processes as well as the technology workforce strategy requiredto make us a leading technology company for our customers, clients andcolleagues around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at aglobal financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’sbiggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technologyinitiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations inelectronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to createinnovative solutions that will not only transform the financial servicesindustry, but also change the world
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the uniqueskills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization thatthrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and careerdevelopment, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’relooking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling bigchallenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world,we want to meet you."