|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into delivering innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, and testing that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be supporting UAT and NFT that underpins delivery across a global scale Critical Application Framework application and it’s infrastructure. You will be managing End to End Test environments that interface with firm-wide applications, providing functional knowledge to resolve issues and driving automation through innovation. An understanding of the software development lifecycle, a desire to learn about applications, the latest tools and developments in the marketplace and a desire to provide a world class service are key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
An exciting opportunity is available within Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) within the Global Liquidity and Accounting Shared Services (GLASS) International Account Services (IAS) Group. The IAS Delivery group requires a Performance & Environment Management Engineer who has experience of Development, Production Support or UAT Support experience supporting and delivering complex business driven banking software. You’ll be analysing designs and changes to a global scale Critical Application Framework application and it’s infrastructure to ensure they meet system’s non functional requirements. You will be producing test strategies, test execution plans, building automated test packs, recording & analysing results and producing test reports. As part of an agile feature team, you will be adopting SCRUM methodologies, keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being tested. In addition you’ll be performing Environment Management and supporting UAT and Client Testing.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- In-depth knowledge of the Temenos T24 Application at the Enterprise level.
- Strong functional knowledge of Interest, Tax, Swift Payments, Accounting and Close of Business processing
- Solid experience in infrastructure, application performance and resiliency.
- Team player with a collaborative approach. Self-motivated, with attention to detail.
- Good communicator to peers and seniors, both written and verbal.
- Management of UAT environments; including infrastructure health and hygiene, housekeeping, batch status reporting
- Strong understanding of: Oracle Databases, Linux servers, Websphere application servers, MQ, NDM and SFTP.
- Strong in one or more of: SQL, shell scripting, system monitoring tools (NMON, IOSTAT).
- Drive to uncover system problems and confidence to provide suggestions and solutions
- Ability to challenge and collaborate with development teams on deliveries which do not meet non functional requirements, working to provide solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of transforming a manual process into an automated process through innovation.
- Capable of producing test plans and closure reports
- hands-on experience in testing mission critical applications using Core Java (1.7 & 1.8) and Java EE or .NET
- Hands-on experience working on Java Frameworks such as Spring & Hibernate
- Hands-on experience working on messaging technologies like JMS and MQ
- Hands-on experience working on database technologies like Oracle or SybaseHands-on experience with industry standard tools likeJenkins, JUnit, Maven, GiT, Bitbucket