|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking an experienced DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer with a development background, who can drive both infrastructure and software transformation across the Athena platform. The successful candidate will have recent hands-on experience with public and/or private Cloud platforms, container based architectures, alongside experience with modern software design patterns.
In conjunction with these exciting responsibilities, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to the existing code base to provide innovative solutions to infrastructure problems and deliver automated solutions.
- Driving the transformation of Athena towards a service-oriented architecture that enables deployment across a diverse range of platforms such as Public Cloud, on-prem datacentres and compute grids.
- Expand and improve the current infrastructure code base using modern infra-as-code patterns and automate any maintenance routines to support day to day activities.
- Help guide projects with performance concerns to understand bottlenecks, propose, implement and deliver enhancements.
- Define controls and standards for newly adopted technologies and develop migration plans to drive transformation.
- Participate in the resolution of production incidents related to Athena Core services. Help resolve the immediate performance issue, then conduct analysis & investigations for post-mortems and implement follow-ups as needed.
- A successful track record within DevOps, Infrastructure design and transformation roles
- Hands-on experience with Public Cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud
- Extensive hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX based environments.
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with scripting and compiled languages, especially Bash, Python and C++.
- Strong systems engineering and software development skills.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis and debugging skills.
- A motivated self-starter, able to work with little guidance
- A demonstrated history of thinking strategically and seeing projects through to successful completion
The hiring manager for this job opening wouldwelcome a conversation about flexible working.This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to amore formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronicpayments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as partof a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives ofpeople and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co.JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity andaffirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.