Vacancies have arisen within Freightliner for a Train Planner to be based in our Ferrybridge office.
- Carry out planning workloads efficiently and effectively to comply with network code and industry processes
- Work within the wider planning team to ensure weekly train plan is implemented in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaise with industry contacts as necessary
- Production of train plan that maximises profitability for Freightliner Heavy Haul whilst meeting customer requirements
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. The successful applicant will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the role within the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- A good knowledge of freight train operations with a sound knowledge of railway geography
- Excellent Planning skills
- ability to produce diagrams for operational staff which are compliant with all internal and industry criteria
- Good computer skills, including the ability to use Voyagerplan (train planning software), TOPS/TRUST and general office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
The Train Planner role will involve some travel and may require staying away from home on occasion.
- A competitive salary
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
- Generous employee benefits package, including attractive corporate discounts.
- Training and development opportunities
We fully support a healthy work/life balance and have a free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme to promote well-being.