Last updated 14 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- On a daily basis, ensure timely and accurate capture and input of all client corporate action instructions according to event and market requirements.
- On a daily basis, ensure timely and accurate execution of instructions to in house systems and onward to market according to event and market requirements including confirmation and reconciliation of agent and market confirmation.
- Ensure clear well documented communication between sub custodians, agents, brokers, counterparties, internal operational teams and clients within prescribed timeframes.
- Ensure all daily functions supporting the corporate actions instruction workflow are completed to support meeting the agreed service level.
- On a daily basis, execute all transaction processing for accurate and timely completion of corporate action transactions as received from the sub custodians/agents.
- Ensure timely and accurate reconciliations to resolve outstanding cash and stock breaks on daily basis.
- Complete file closure immediately following required transaction processing and reconciliation.
- Ensure timely, detailed and accurate review, authorization and execution of instructions is completed.
- Ensure full execution of morning, intra and end of day controls and checks.
- Manage group email boxes and internal enquiry management tools to ensure queries are resolved and responded to within a timeframe and manner sensitive to the urgency of the event, and in accordance with prescribed service levels, thereby ensuring that internal and external client satisfaction is achieved.
- Work with Network Management to complete ASA’s, provide input into sub custodian transitions and work cohesively to resolve day-to-day issues as they arise.
- Monthly review, update and signoff on the departments Risk Control Self Assessment, together with the management of Phoenix entries.
- Proactive management of key client relationships to enhance the client experience with J.P. Morgan.
- Work with Product, Network Management, Sub custodians and vendors to resolve day-to-day issues identified through daily operations and enquiry management.
- Ensure the development of product, technology and firm initiatives are documented and implemented securely.
- Proactively review event and market processing challenges to identify recurring themes that can be prevented through staff education and operational process improvements.
- Effectively partner with operational and service teams to improve service levels and processes to establish J.P. Morgan as a premier service provider.
- Assist the Senior Manager in the day-to-day management of the instruction process ensuring effective workload balancing for team members.
- Prepare and deliver clear and concise presentation materials relating to implementation projects, targets, deliverables and statuses sympathetic to the internal or external audience.
- Manage your individual workload to ensure individual, team and departmental deadlines and objectives are met.
- Proactively assess client instruction methods and work with clients and internal partners to resolve issues arising from deficient or incorrectly formatted client instructions to increase straight through processing.
- Review and, where necessary, update existing processes or procedures to minimize risk and improve the operational environment.
- Provide support, guidance and training to Team Managers and Processing Analysts on a day-to-day basis to share knowledge and strengthen the team across the corporate actions product to enhance global client experience.
- Investigate, document and work with management in order to implement team structures conducive to the requirements of the business.
- Investigate opportunities for self and team development and improving knowledge of the business that you are servicing in order to improve skills and deliver maximum service levels.
- Take full responsibility for adherence to all departmental procedures, policies, checkpoints and controls.
- Provide effective team communication through regular one-to-ones and team meetings providing information on changes impacting the team this includes but is not limited to market changes, functional moves and procedural / service changes.
- On a quarterly basis meet with each direct report to discuss progress, training needs assigned goals and career objectives. These meetings should be documented with clear actions and target dates for completion.
- Complete formal performance development review with each direct report updating and amending objectives regularly.
- Attract, train and develop staff, building succession plans to strengthen the department.
- Successful performance in a risk based environment with a proven track record of risk reduction.
- Results based experience demonstrating strategic and analytical thinking.
- Track record of working in a changing environment with the experience of learning, documenting and implementing new processes efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Successful team leadership and staff development including attracting and developing top talent
- Experience of communicating both oral and written to management, clients and colleagues
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word and Access PowerPoint.
- Relevant degree education preferred, however, non degree candidates with a proven track record in a similar role will be considered.
- Financial Services background would be preferred, ideally within a Custody or Investment Bank environment.
- Experience of testing / delivering Asset Servicing operating systems / platforms preferred (Experience of TCS BaNCS advantageous)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of team development and management