|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. NortonLifeLock is dedicated to helping secure the devices, identities, online privacy, and home and family needs of its nearly 50 million consumers, providing them with a trusted ally in a complex digital world. For more information, please visit NortonLifeLock.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Language Quality Manager
The Language Quality Manager is responsible for managing, leading and driving the language quality strategy, framework and governance across all content streams (marketing, product, support) in NortonLifeLock. They work closely working with product, marketing and support localization teams, as well as LSPs.
The Language Quality Manager is the Business Analyst for the language management tools and processes.
Language Quality Strategy
- Manage, develop, drive, document and oversee the quality strategy, process, benchmarks and methodologies for new and existing products and content.
- Work closely with stakeholders across NortonLifeLock (content creators in product/marketing/support and localization teams) and LSPs to identify quality requirements, to manage the Language Quality strategy and structure to maintain consistency in assessment and approach across localization content.
- Define, oversee and drive quality results and metrics at department level with LSPs and localization project/program management teams.
- Train internal and external stakeholders on quality requirements, assessment and processes.
- Is the escalation point for all language quality across NortonLifeLock.
- Drive and oversee language quality initiatives and programs.
Localized Terminology Management
- Drive and oversee localized terminology strategy, process, methodologies, benchmarks and structure, and terminology initiatives and programs.
- Train internal and external stakeholders on localized terminology processes.
- Be the escalation point for terminology and support LSPs and internal localization teams in localized terminology matters.
- Define and maintain the Style Guide and manage the Terminology Database for all stakeholders internal and external to NortonLifeLock.
- Work with the localization project/program managers to ensure the language strategy is aligned within the translation assets.
Language Tools Business Analyst
- Own, manage and maintain language tools.
- Own and drive the vision for the language tools and work closely with the Globalization Tools Product Owner to integrate this into the Globalization tools strategy.
- Engage with stakeholders (Localization project/program managers) to understand needs and requirements.
- Train internal and external stakeholders on functionality and usage of the tools.
- Be the escalation point for language tools.
Localization Talent Management
- Drive and oversee localization vendor strategy, selection and engagement for NortonLifeLock.
- Work with LSPs and NortonLifeLock procurement to define and manage SLAs and working agreements.
- Work closely with localization project/program managers, management team and procurement where required.
- Conduct regular vendor business reviews to assess vendor performance along with internal stakeholders.
Competencies / Behaviors
- Passion for linguistic quality.
- Curious and creative.
- Solution focused.
- People oriented person.
- Open minded and sensitive to the needs of others.
- Self-organized and decisive.
- Customer and quality orientated.
- Third level qualification in a linguistic or language discipline.
- 5+ years in the localization industry.
- Experience in Linguistic management, translation quality and terminology.
- Experience with standard localization tools, formats and processes.
- Experience with Vendor/Talent management and stakeholder management
- Experience with SEO & content strategy an advantage
- 3+ years of Program/Project Management experience
- Integrity & Accountability
- Agility & Boldness
- Openness & Collaboration
- Passion & Focus
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.